DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got to thinking..... I wonder if the keyless go can be retro fitted to previous model year trucks...

I'd love to be able to have the push button start on my truck.... The fobless entry would be most excellent as well, but I suspect even less doable than the button for start/ stop.

Anyone out there know if it'll be possible to retro fit without doing a complete computer/ brain transplant????

just curious

Exco

·
Registered
487 Posts
I just got to thinking..... I wonder if the keyless go can be retro fitted to previous model year trucks...

I'd love to be able to have the push button start on my truck.... The fobless entry would be most excellent as well, but I suspect even less doable than the button for start/ stop.

Anyone out there know if it'll be possible to retro fit without doing a complete computer/ brain transplant????

just curious

Exco
Not sure what's involved. My car has it and it recognizes who's getting in and will adjust the seats/mirrors/etc. before being seated. It also knows if the fob is inside the car or outside. The doors also have proximity sensors so all you have to do to unlock it is pull the door handle. Similar to the trunk but it has a touch pad. There's also a special place in the centre console that will allow the car to start if the battery in the fob goes dead. I have so idea if adding such features is as simple as adding a plug and play module and replacing the ignition switch with a button.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.