DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey fellow ramerz :) got a question about keyless entry my wife and i just bought a 05 durango (talked her outta a escape and into a DODGE!!) the dealer gave us 2 keys but the key i got outta the deal wont lock or unlock doors or panic fron the key. but it starts the durango so it must be the right key i would think. i changed the battery with the battery outta my ram and still dont work but the battery was good any suggestions on way the key fob would not work? any way to clean it or anything? thank guys & gals

·
Registered
71 Posts
Happens all the time it seems. If its not the battery its probably just a messed up remote. Are you talking the factory keyless entry remote or are you talking aftermarket that came with the vehicle such as viper or clifford? If its a dealership keyless entry I'd either buy a new one or see if they can hook you up with a deal since obviously it was broke when you bought it even though its a used vehicle. If not I'd just order another from them. If its aftermarket you can order a new remote offline for your system it has. Just depends.

E

·
0 Posts
Sounds like either a messed up remote or one that hasn't been programmed yet. I'd go visit the dealer and have them make it right.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
tried the dealer they said they couldnt do nothing but its a ford dealer we bought it from its the factory keyless remote thinkin about takin it to a dodge dealer and seeing if they can fix it dam ford dealers are useless ugh

·
Premium Member
32,597 Posts
after you check with Dodge & you see what they have to say, if they tell you that it is going to cost you a bunch to fix it. Don't commit yourself to their price.
Dodge prices are quite high, & any Certified Locksmith can order that part & program it & usually they are cheaper than Dodge.
I found out that my Auto Audio & Alarm guy can also order keyless entry parts for most vehicles, i did NOT ask him if he could program them too, but i would almost bet that he knows how

IF you decide to get a couple remotes off of Ebay, make sure that you get them from an ad that reads Brand New in Package & verify that it has the proper number of buttons, some have panic, open, lock, & start, some others may have 5 & 6 buttons.

Ebay sellers sometimes word the ad as rare, like new, working, used, etc., these are words to get people to buy a pre programmed FOB & they won't work for your vehicle, they were programmed for a different vehicle, even if it was the same year, model, make, as yours, it won't work for you

E

·
0 Posts
That ^^^^ is some great advice. You didn't mention you got it from a Phord dealer. Agreed, they would not have the tools or the info to do this.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts