DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Still new to Ram Forumz so first off, hello.

I was wondering if anyone had used 2 12" Kicker CVR subs in the under-seat sub box that seems to be so popular. A local car audio place says they have a box for $129.99 but the sub won't fit for two reasons: 1.) The box they have is for 10" subs. 2.) They are not deep enough to house the Kicker CVR's (CVR depth - 6.25" Box depth -6").

Problem 1.) I know they make sub boxes online that house 12's so I'm thinking I could just peel the carpet back on the box my local shop has and make the hole a little bigger (that way I won't have to order one and pay astronomical shipping rates). Anyone ever done this? Know of a box builder with free shipping?

Problem 2.) I asked the guy if we could put a ring or something under the sub to raise it up enough to make the sub fit but he said it would not seal properly and plus, the seat would not fold down like it should. I looked online and found exactly what I was thinking of building - carpeted spacer rings. Has anyone used these? Do they seal good?

The only problem left is the one of the seat not folding down properly. I was already thinking of unbolting the back seat and cutting some sort of spacer to go under it because I don't really like the grilles that I see that press up on the bottom of the seat fabric. Anyone ever done this?

Any pics (sub boxes with spacers, lifted rear seat, 12" Kicker CVRs) or insights will be greatly appreciated. Setup doesn't have to be just like the one I'm describing here; if you have just one part of the above that will be very helpful. Just so I can piece it all together in my head.

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
all of the underseat boxes I hve seen in our trucks require installation of a seat spacer to clear everything.

Check out foxbox, pretty sure you could throw some CVRs in one of those

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I've looked at the fox boxes but I don't really like them as good as regular carpeted ones. I was also hoping to find a box locally or one online with free shipping close to the $129 I mentioned above.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have a Kicker DX1000.1 R Class D Amplifier 1 Ohm Stable 1000 Watts 10DX10001 and 2 Kicker CVR12 12" Sub Dual 4 Ohm 800 Watts (10CVR124) mounted in a fox box wired to 1ohm and they hit hard!!! The fox box is awesome it is worth the $200 it cost with the shipping.

·
Registered
21 Posts
It is not the most professional install but it works for me. I also put lighted eyes on my grill ram emblem with red leds but after getting pulled over a couple of times and being told that red or blue lights on the front of a non emergency vehicle was illegal I changed them to Orange.
The 6x9s in the front door are polks and the rear doors are kickers.
I am using the stock HU, it is the one with the 6 cd player and the Nav unit. I also included a photo of the seat spacer.

Attachments

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh yeah man that looks really good! I like the ram head logo there in the middle of the box and then 'DODGE' across the front. That looks pretty cool. Do you lose the use of your cupholders with that box or have it rubbing on the passenger's knees?

Good job on the install by the way.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thanks, yea you lose the cup holders but I don't let my kids eat or drink in my truck anyway. My teenagers say it does not feel any different then it did before the box other then their butts getting a massage now! LOL
If you want to know the wiring specifics for how I did mine just let me know.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts