DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just got into my 3rd ram in the last 12 years, my last truck had the infinity sound and it was incredible, no need to upgrade it.
My question now is that my new truck has good sound, but nothing compared to my last truck, so has anyone switched out the stock speakers with the kicker 6x9s in the doors and tweeters in the dash?

I really didnt want to go crazy with it, just looking for a better quality sound and a little more bass

·
Registered
39 Posts
i have an 03 and my system is okay.. but i want a little more bass to it. I'm working on a new head unit, and a kicker sub under the rear seat but idk what to do with the door speakers.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Kicker

I did replace all door speakers and dash ones with the Mopar/Dodge ones made by Kicker.

I love the sound, even without my Dual Polk 10" Subs on.

Depending on the radio/receiver would also have a bearing on sound. I ran a 25w/channelRMS Pioneer for a time and all was good. Once I installed the subs I put in amps for the Kickers as well as Polks.

Real good deal for the cost on the Kickers

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, thanks for the response, I think I will get the kickers ordered and install them, then see how they sound before I go as far as getting an amp.

Just looking for a little cleaner sound with a bit more bass

·
Registered
46 Posts
i just went down this road lol. I ordered the kicker upgrade with the 3.5" dash and 6x9 midbass front doors. I have the base stereo so nothing speacal to start with. If you just replace the factory with the kickers (plug and play) . You will be very disapionted! The factory runs the dash and doors of the same front channels. They also use a 8 ohm 3.5 in the dash and 4 ohm 6x9s in the doors. The kickers are all 4 ohm. This makes the dash real loud compared the doors. I have a sigle cab and after many attemps to make this work , I rewired the rear channels to the dash and left the doors on the front. This allows you to fade the dash down abit. I added some caps/coils to cross them over 350hz and it sounds alot better than factoy. Ive had people ask where the sub is lol.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts