DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Got 90% of the kit installed today, took about 2hrs to do. I didn't install the compressor yet, but I charged up the system. I did note a leak in the release valve. Not sure if anyone else has come across that issue, but I had it filled to 10lbs and an hour later it was empty. I did check all connections, and you can hear a slight hiss from the release valve.

All in all, the kit is REALLY easy to install, even the awkward nut you have to contort toinstall and tighten on the drivers bag hahahaha,

John, let me know what I can do for the leaky release valve.

kit is good and it will get it's first use this coming weekend.

here's some pics:

Gauge Install

Bag install

Auxillary Valve install

·
Some Assembly Required
7,205 Posts
Can you pinpoint where its leaking from? is the valve faulty and its just seeping from it?

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the leak seems to be coming from the little ports on either side of the release valve. If I pull the release valve slightly it seems to seal but the minute I let go, it leaks again.

all my hose and splitter connections are straight and clean, the longest of the line feed to the bags is solid.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Chris,

Sorry to hear that. It sure sounds like that valve is bad.

We're sending a replacement to you tomorrow.

Thanks for your extra effort and patience.

John

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
^ no worries guys, no big deal, A new valve will be fine. I can still inflate and deflate the system through the aux filler, but I'm happy overall with the kit. I will take pics tonight when i load the trailer, for camping tomorrow.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
^ yeah, sorry gang haven't been to many LX coffee's as of late, since we have the new trailer now, It's going to get a lot of use over the summer and fall.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the kit works great guys/gals. did the first trailer test this weekend on a camping trip. It was amazing to see the truck lift and level out at around 20lbs. It definately took the bounce out of the ride which was nice. Even had a couple of neighboring campers come over and look at the system.

Great kit guys!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
gage location

Great job on the gage install! whats the best way to remove the dash panel to put gage in you're location? I want to put gage in same place but put blow off valve inside console.:smileup::smileup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts