DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at the tire store getting a rotation and they had a set of the new BFG KM3's on the floor. I recognized the tread pattern immediately as being very similar to the Duratrac's and Ridge Grapplers. A bridge between AT's and MT's with a noise lessening road carcass. I have read a few reviews and most seem to like them. I don't think they've been out long enough to get any kind of long mileage or wear reviews yet. However, they are a good looking tire and something to keep an eye on.

·
Super Moderator
34,750 Posts
Those are decidedly an MT, not a hybrid AT like KO2s or Ridge Grapplers. They are the new hotness from BFG though, I am a fan of their tires.

FWIW I am still trying to make up my mind as to whether I will replace my KO2s with KO2s or Ridge Grapplers. The rim protector bead is nice, but they're about $200 more a set and IDK that I want to go E range

·
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member
3,247 Posts
KM3's - gosh I remember when the KM2's came out. I guess it was back in 08' or so. Those KM3's look bad ass. I'd put em' on a trail rig myself if I had one. Actually now that I've retired my Ram to recreational use for the most part, I have been considering a beefier tire for it. But I hope to use it as a tow rig for a travel trailer eventually, so an off road tire is not necessary. Thanks for sharing. :smileup:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts