DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These bad boys are the 2nd highest rated AT tire on TireRack (BFG KO2 is 1st) but they're ~$60 cheaper per tire in the stock P275/60/20 size.

They also weigh within 3 lbs of the stock Goodyear SR-As.

Anyone care to share their experiences, good or bad?

·
Registered
14,008 Posts
:smiley_aagv: ;)

·
Registered
258 Posts
I have had many sets of Kumho's, all being car tires, and would not hesitate to recommend them. I saw the same ratings, and also wonder how they are. I am leaning towards the Pirelli Scorpions tho' 'cuz I like the looks better, but realize the contact patch is waaaay more important than looks. Somebody on here must've tried 'em.....

·
Banned
1,084 Posts
I'm also in the "love Kumho sport all-seasons, never used their all terrains" camp.

Kumho knows how to make a passenger tire at least.. :)

·
Registered
62 Posts
I have these tires on a ZJ jeep. I like them. a little noisy but nothing bad. I believe mine are 31x10.5. On a 15" rim. I've gone on the beach with them down at 17psi and I've got through a snowy winter and they always got me through whatever I needed to. I recommend them. Cool looking tire too. I can't vouch for bigger sizes tho.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Keep in mind the jeep is a 98 with 170k so it's a little rough and noisy as it is. But happy with my purchase. I think installed I got them for around 600 total after a rebate from kuhmo I purchased from Tire Buyer and had them shipped to an installer

·
Registered
34 Posts
If anyone is still interested, I had a set of Kumho all terrains on an old Ram and they were fantastic tires. Same as KO2's? Let's not get carried away..... but still very good tires.

·
Registered
630 Posts
My 05 ram had some Kumho ATs and they lasted onlyb15k miles. I did get a prorated warranty refund though. Maybe I had a bad batch but that's all it took for me to stay away. I'm a big fan of Cooper though.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just replaced the factory SRAs with the AT51s on my 2016. Put a few hundred miles on them. Can't tell the difference in terms of road noise, handling, or ride comfort.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Hey gang,

I see the last post on this topic was on 10/06/2016, but I'm at that juncture right now, deciding on replacement tires.

I've tried the KO2's on my 2012 1500, two years ago. I loved the truck's stance on them, and it's responsiveness, but I did find them a bit more noisy than I preferred, plus I was able to feel minor vibration on the steering wheel. Instead of replacing them, I traded the truck in for a new 2015 :smileup: and after 26M miles, the stock tires are driving whacky.

As mentioned earlier on in this thread, Tire Rack does rate the Venture AT51's second best, next to the KO2's, so I'm thinking trying them, but would like some additional feedback from others who have had them on their RAM.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
61 Posts
Kidace, what did you end up getting? I'm doing the AT51 vs bfg debate right now and just can't decide.

Current Tire Rack prices have them 391 dollars apart.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts