DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I test drove a 2012 Ram Longhorn 4x4 crew yesterday and was very impressed with it. I never drove one before as I have always been a GM guy, but am not very impressed with them anymore. I was surprised with the power, it really moved out. I also liked the exhaust note it had and ride. I am hoping someone might be able to answer a couple of questions as the dealer didn't have any answers. I thought both the Laramie and Longhorn has power folding mirrors. This one had manual folding. When I look at the website it says they do, but if you build one and look it says manual folding. Is the power fold an option? I had them on my chevy and liked to fold both in when pulling in to the garage. On the ram website it shows a the ram with a standard hood or a sportier one. I don't see that option while building one. How do you get the better hood? Any idea on when you can order a Laramie Limited and when they start production on them? That is one sweet truck. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
I test drove a 2012 Ram Longhorn 4x4 crew yesterday and was very impressed with it. I never drove one before as I have always been a GM guy, but am not very impressed with them anymore. I was surprised with the power, it really moved out. I also liked the exhaust note it had and ride. I am hoping someone might be able to answer a couple of questions as the dealer didn't have any answers. I thought both the Laramie and Longhorn has power folding mirrors. This one had manual folding. When I look at the website it says they do, but if you build one and look it says manual folding. Is the power fold an option? I had them on my chevy and liked to fold both in when pulling in to the garage. On the ram website it shows a the ram with a standard hood or a sportier one. I don't see that option while building one. How do you get the better hood? Any idea on when you can order a Laramie Limited and when they start production on them? That is one sweet truck. Thanks.
Unsure about the power folding mirrors...As far as I know currently our Rams do not have a power folding option. The mirrors come with Heated, Turn Signal, Puddle Lamps, and Auto Dim.
As far as the other hood that is called the Sport Performance Hood, you can buy from the parts dept. Cost 1035 and it comes primed. You have to get it painted then install it.
As far as the Laramie Limited I don't know but if they make one the same color as my truck I might have to look into them as well!

·
Registered
208 Posts
When the description says "power folding mirrors" it means that you can adjust them via buttons and motors, and that they can be folded, manually. NOT that they are power folding.

Poor wording.

I ordered a longhorn back in december, supposed to be delivered in March. Can't wait!

·
Registered
35,470 Posts
Boys, I have a 2011 Longhorn and absolutely love it... It is a great truck... I have even convinced my dad who is a true blue ford man to buy a dodge ram..... This by far has been the best truck that I have ever purchased.... As far as the mirrors go...Mine have to be manually folded in... I don't know if that helps, but good luck and post some pics when you get your new truck....

Ed

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info guys. I guess I can make do with the manual fold mirrors. I got really use to them that's why I was curious if it had them or not. The wording online is deceiving. Would really like to get the Limited but suspect it won't go into production till sometime in the 2nd quarter. Does anyone have the Longhorn with the russet colored seats? Maybe someone could post pics of that. I can't seem to find many pics of this interior and before ordering would like to see. Thanks.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have a monotone black Longhorn , with the towing mirrors. No there is no power folding option or auto dimming on them. Is the Russet color the darker brown or the redder color? I have the darker brown ones and they are amazing.

·
Registered
360 Posts
The Laramie Longhorns are BEAUTIFUL trucks. The Laramie Limited is very cool looking, and youll be one of the first to have one if you order one. Not sure when they will be available. I was going to get a Longhorn, reason why I didn't was I really like Chrome so wanted chrome bumpers (yes I know I could have got a Monotone but I love the 2 tone Color) and I wish the bark brown interior was black with the stitched seats. I dont really like the brown dash and steering wheel, Love the Black. Best of luck with your descision.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Took delivery of my 2012 Laramie Longhorn. It has more power, the six-speed trans and the new rear suspension. I also have a 2005 quad-cab. night and day on these two trucks. Sorry King Ranch. I think Dodge spanked ya!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What type of rear end gears are you guys getting, 3.55 lsd or 3.92 lsd? Will tow a 20' boat occasionally. Does the Ram have a locker?

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
Looks like the Ram Laramie Limited will be available in April? Just getting this from the dodge website. I personally would go with the 3.92 gears. I have the 3.55 lsd with mine and I can feel a difference when I tow with my truck vs my suburban.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I have 3.92 LSD, and love it. You wont get as good of fuel mileage but it doesn't hurt it that much. Im still only doing About 1700-1800 rpms at 70mph. I towed a very light horse trailer empty the other day (approx. 2000 lbs) didnt even feel it at all.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts