DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to find out who is the largest volume Ram dealer in Texas and also in the U.S., thanks. Wayne

·
Premium Member
32,783 Posts

·
Registered
'18 RAM 3500 4WD Tradesman 6.4
1,238 Posts
When I was shopping around for the best price on our 3500 custom order, Dennis Dillon had the best price and they were super easy to talk to. No nonsense, no upselling, no bullshit. I just told them the build I wanted and within just a couple of hours they texted me their best out-the-door price right out of the gate.

That said, by the time I accounted for the estimated costs involved in traveling from Colorado to Dillon in Idaho to pick up the truck, including fuel and lodging and various sundry other actual out of pocket costs, and not even counting the monetary value of my time, my local dealer was able to give me a price which ended up being just a couple hundred more.

No contest really. For a couple hundred bucks I got to start a relationship with my local dealer, which luckily has an excellent service department, so now when I walk in there I get called by my name, with a smile, and get asked what I need and my dog now knows which office the treats are in and goes straight there, so for her it's better than a trip to PetSmart.

They also promised to match the best price I can find on any Mopar extended warranty if I decide to get one too. I doubt much of that, or any of it, would be happening if I had bought the truck a thousand miles away.

Sometimes the lowest purchase price is not necessarily the best deal.

·
Super Moderator
34,750 Posts
I am from the San Antonio area and Bluebonnet would not come close to the deal I got on my Ram from Boerne Dodge. They were up front and honest and said "I'm sorry but we aren't going to be able to match that and I don't want to waste your time."

Dad got his Ram at Fiesta Dodge when they were getting closed down in 2009.

Nationwide I think either Dennis Dillon or Lithia is the largest

·
Registered
48 Posts
I purchased two trucks from Idaho, one from Dave Smith and one from Mountain Home. Both are large volume dealers. I live in Seattle area and no one could come close to Idaho prices. I even flew to Boise and the Mountain Home Dealer picked me up. We had settled on a price before I left so all the paperwork was ready. Was out in Lee's than two hours and drive the truck back to WA. the same day.saved me a couple grand easy.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts