·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #242
night y’all.

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
nicely done! i really like that door. mine is just 2x6s screwed, weathered, and stained.
View attachment 129877

cheers air force!
That's nice, too. The door is the style, my wife wants for the master bathroom. With mirror on the bathroom side.
That's my current project. A vintage counter converte
20191203_055637.jpg
d to a bar. Just wired an outlet inside through the floor, next weekend I put the shelving in- 2 2x10x6ft. And then the expensive part- my wife wants a granite top.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
na- I'm always up at 5:30, get ready and drink my coffe, while writing stupid stuff on internet and leave at 6:40. I like to get up early- everything quiet and peaceful.
I know what you mean by quiet and peaceful. I use to get up at 4:15 AM when I was working.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #247
morning Guy, morning Air Force, morning y'all!

best time of the day, early morning. peace and quiet, i get a lot of things done when there aren't distractions.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Back from running around all day. Drove over my glasses today with my truck. Set them on the rear tire when I was pumping gas and forgot them, took off and ran over them. Glad I don't need them as I had cataract surgery done on both eyes and my vision is like 20/25. I was just so used to wearing them and I like the protection they offer that I continued wearing them. Got an appointment to get a new set.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #249
sorry to hear about the glasses, that sucks. i'd be screwed without my glasses. i've been wearing bifocals for damn near 30 years.

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
Yeah- glasses- I had my good old glasses, where my wife told me to renew, as I had them for over 25 years and still was working (so I thought) and dropped them and they broke- was good old fashioned glass. Then had to go and make some new ones- don't like them. My wife was hating the old ones- where those John Lennon glasses- and loves the new ones. oh well...

so- finish for today- 1 hour longer- and it will be a long week- sucks, when you come back after a week off and find, nobody does your job...

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #251
yeah, that does suck, Guy. funny how that works. some folks are more "team oriented' and some others only do what they have to do to get by; surely they aren't picking up the slack from those out on leave.... fuckers.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Tomorrow is my last day of Thanksgiving holiday. Not so worried about the workload going back but hate getting up to the alarm. I am so much not a morning person. Tomorrow should be a good day though and my work week will only be 2 days.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #254
you’re absolutely right, Air Force. giving my kids hell trying to instill those values. pray they sink in.

that doesn’t sound half bad Chief. enjoy the short week.

night y’all

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
Well- it's not so much that others do not their duty- but I'm the only one doing my job and the only one who knows actually, what I'm doing. That's why everyone just leaves me alone and I supply my results and everyone's happy.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #257
morning Guy, morning Air Force! morning y'all!

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
Morning y'all.
My wife surprised me with a Christmas tree yesterday. Thankfully, I was at work long enough not to have to deal with it- it was all done, as I came home. Like the lights, though...
But I see now, that I was right, a 7ft tree looks somewhat lost in our living room…- 14ft would be more appropriate.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #259
that's a pretty cool surprise! i'm sure the 7 footer still looks great.

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
Everything my wife touches looks great. It's just hard to admit, after she forced me to do things, I do not want to do and do it, because she puts her boot in my butt... yes... I'm a lazy bastard.
:rolleyes:

241 - 260 of 372 Posts