DODGE RAM FORUM banner

821 - 840 of 918 Posts

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #825
hey Air Force, evening y’all. hope everyone had a great weekend. i’m in for a hectic couple of weeks with a lot of travel. st. louis, DC, and a few more stops over the next two weeks.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Hi Airforce & Tabber. Been crazy busy as every weekend is. Habitat for Humanity Saturday, fit chores in where I could & took a little time off today & went to the driving range. I haven't been since fracturing my patella last year. I sure got crappy fast. It's going to take more practice to get back to where I was but it'll be fun getting the old skills back. Hope your weather has cleared up Airforce & Tabber, Happy and Safe travels!
Hope everyone has a good week!

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
Mornin.
Yeah- had a "somewhat" good weekend. Saturday my wife decided to go to this vintage market. She found an old barrel. and an old door. :cautious: for about $245 more I would had spent for that crap.
And it was raining like someone pours some buckets out. Of course, new pot holes in the driveway (need to do something about it slowly). Went Sunday finally with the flatbed trailer to this asphalt-milling dump ground and loaded up at least 5 tons of asphalt milling. With the shovel. Thankfully my wife's son helped me. Then fixing the worst parts of the driveway. And my wife wanted from me to hang this damn door on the wall. Of course not without arguing how. Because she does not understand physics. At the end she watched a video, where the guy hung his door on the wall exactly the way I said at the beginning and she told me, why I can't hang the door this way? (it always ends up like this) and I hung this damn door. And I don't like it. Especially, as she admitted that the door is 2" too high (exactly the 2" I told her before I started) and I told her- I don't move this door anymore. I know, I will move it anyway one day soon, but I want her to look at her screw up. Regardless- I don't like it. Not how it is right now and not 2" lower. I wouldn't even had bought it. Even though it's over 130 years old. I don't care. And the Texans lost. unfortunately. I wonder, how long it takes till they finally get rid of this NFL- Muschamp. At the end of the day, I was in bad mood, my back was hurting, but at least my wife cooked a good meal.
Now my hope is, that my (Clemson) Tigers win tonight! Go Clemson- Show them, who the real Tigers are!

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
Morning Y'All. Rain stopped but then we got a minor ice storm. They said it would be a big one but it was just a minor one so did not have to get the generator out. Slipped and fell on my ass while filling my outdoor boiler. Came out of my wood shed and hit some ice and down I went. Not hurt thankfully. We had so much rain the banks of my pond overflowed and the drainage ditches in this area are completely full. I am talking ditches that are 6-8 feet deep and 6-8 feet wide at the top that usually only have a little water in the bottom were full to the top. My wood shed is getting pretty empty so have to move some more wood in, probably tomorrow. Guy I can sympathize with you about the door, good luck moving it.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Good morning!

It's back to feeling more like wintertime here in southeast PA. This weekend it was 72 and 68, in mid January, which is unheard of. It's supposed to be pretty mild around here all week but this past weekend was gorgeous.

Ordered a winch grille guard last night (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004F6BJK0) which should finally put to rest my quest to figure out how to get the winch on the front of Roxy without it looking like a hack job.

Tried mounting my new 8-relay fuse panel into the truck but got cold feet because I'm just not 100% certain I like how I was intending to mount it, but I'm running out of options on where to put it. This block design allows me to run a cat5 cable (the kind your internet router gets plugged into) back into the cab where the relay controller drops an individual wire to ground to energize that particular relay. There aren't a lot of spots in the cab or under the hood to mount this, so I will probably wind up mounting it to the hood fuse center top with 3M-brand tough velcro, and have all connections quick-disconnect with anderson powerpole connectors in case I have to get into the fuse center. The upside is that I can't imagine needing more than 8 relays for toys, so this should be a "cry-once" project. Once I'm done I'll probably post an omnibus topic in the mods section on what I did and how I did it.

Asides from all that, it's time to go work so I can afford to keep doing these crazy projects with the truck.

Have a great day everyone!

·
Registered
791 Posts
Good Morning!
WOW! I didn't have to shovel 10,000 lbs of asphalt and I didn't fall on my ass in an ice storm so I guess I had a pretty GOOD weekend after all. :)
Very ambitious Pete. I look forward to seeing the end result.

·
Registered
791 Posts
What's on the agenda today Airforce? SOS for me here at work. Banging out the projects and wondering why the pile in the inbox never goes down.
Sorry about the game last night Guy. I was pulling for Clemson too.

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
Today is somewhat slow- Clemson lost- but congratulation to a tremendously good playing LSU- they deserved the title. I don't know one team in CF America, who would had beat LSU yesterday. Burrow deserved his Heisman trophy.
I know, it will not be the end of Clemson- they'll be back next year. They're still one of the teams to beat- beside LSU, Alabama, Ohio and maybe Georgia.

And I'm tired.

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
What's on the agenda today Airforce? SOS for me here at work. Banging out the projects and wondering why the pile in the inbox never goes down.
Sorry about the game last night Guy. I was pulling for Clemson too.
I was going to move some wood into my shed but had to find a dead mouse under the house that was stinking up the house. Hopefully that will be the last one.

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
I was going to move some wood into my shed but had to find a dead mouse under the house that was stinking up the house. Hopefully that will be the last one.
That's bad- Had that in my Lab- forgot, that I put a mouse trap out- caught one once, but the other trap was still out and I forgot. Then after months, some lonely mouse found it and died. For some days, I smelled something, but I couldn't make it out, thought that it's smell from all my electronic equipment. Then, after the weekend, I opened the door and man- it smelled, like something died. I was looking everywhere and then I remembered the trap. Had to pack it in a bag and seal it- then throw it out in the compacter- I literally activated the compacter for this thing. Took days for the smell to disappear- even with febreeze.

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
That's bad- Had that in my Lab- forgot, that I put a mouse trap out- caught one once, but the other trap was still out and I forgot. Then after months, some lonely mouse found it and died. For some days, I smelled something, but I couldn't make it out, thought that it's smell from all my electronic equipment. Then, after the weekend, I opened the door and man- it smelled, like something died. I was looking everywhere and then I remembered the trap. Had to pack it in a bag and seal it- then throw it out in the compacter- I literally activated the compacter for this thing. Took days for the smell to disappear- even with febreeze.
Yep, this is the third one that I had to find that died under the house. Each one smelled to high heaven, it was enough to gag a maggot, adn they are smell, only about 3 inches long. They seem to get to a place where there is a hole/vent where the air flow can come up into the house before they die. I sealed up the hole where they were getting in so hopefully this the last one. Come summer I am going to cover the area with some metal to hopefully prevent them from getting in again. I had to open the window in the bedroom to air it out some and the temp was only about 40 degrees today.

821 - 840 of 918 Posts