DODGE RAM FORUM banner

961 - 970 of 970 Posts

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
Yes, it really was not that cold- I mean- ok- we had some cold nights, but nothing pipe-freezing or so. Also- no snow or what soever. And the forecast does not really say anything about cold coming our way. Our birdfeeder is also somewhat abandoned. every once in a while, some birds coming, but that's about it- guess they find enough other food.
The only ones really wanting spring, are our goats. Guess they're tired of hay, pine needles and dry food. We cut Clyde's balls off last week. He ain't a too happy camper anyway right now. But it was necessary- we don't want to breed and end up with 50 goats, half retarded because of inbreed. Yesterday he looked at me like: last time I trusted you, I woke up without my balls- why should I now come to you to check the wounds? And he's stinking to high heaven. Bonnie pissed and he held his head underneath. I don't know- we have them only since a year- never knew, that goats are that nasty. But they're cute.
AH, a goat that likes golden showers, who knew. I had a dog in Germany that when I was playing fetch with him he found a pile of cow manure and decided to roll in it. Had to give him a bath before I went to work.

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
Interesting observations Airforce & Guy. That probably explains why my birdfeeders have been strangely empty this "winter". No one felt the need to come this far south. I usually get a nice variety of birds but this year, not much other than the resident squirrels.
I miss the Painted Buntings that used to come to my feeders in Fla. I generally have birds year round. normally Wood Peckers (2 different types), Finches, Wrens, Blue Jays, the occasional Northern Flicker, Cardinal and Titmouse. When it snows I will get Chickadees. I keep a Suet cake, big seed/nut cake, double sock Thistle feeder, and regular seed feeder year round and in the summer a Oriole feeder with grape jelly in it. I have a colander filled with peanuts for the Blue Jays.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
AH, a goat that likes golden showers, who knew. I had a dog in Germany that when I was playing fetch with him he found a pile of cow manure and decided to roll in it. Had to give him a bath before I went to work.
Lol- yeah- I come from a little village- there was a Convent and they also had an orphanage. They had a "natural" farm with all kind of animals and they actually trained the orphans there if they wanted to, to become a farmer. Every spring and fall, they spread the manure on the fields- that's when all dogs from the village ran off and wadded in the manure. It was just nasty. a simple bath was not enough. We had Giant Schnauzer- he also liked to swim- so I walked him down to the river and let him swim the manure off. I bet, today they would fine you for letting a dog swim in the river...

·
Registered
850 Posts
Enjoyed your stories today guys. They were a nice diversion during an otherwise busy day.
My sympathies to Clyde! I once had a cat neutered. He was so unhappy with me he peed on everything with my scent on it. Slippers, shoes, pillow, laundry basket, you name it..... Lucky for you Guy, your goats aren't indoor pets!
Enjoy your evening!

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Enjoyed your stories today guys. They were a nice diversion during an otherwise busy day.
My sympathies to Clyde! I once had a cat neutered. He was so unhappy with me he peed on everything with my scent on it. Slippers, shoes, pillow, laundry basket, you name it..... Lucky for you Guy, your goats aren't indoor pets!
Enjoy your evening!
Lol- this cat would had lived his 9 lives within 5 minutes....

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Yeah, that was a cat on a mission! Luckily for both of us, he did not hold his grudge long.
At least he quit- we had a Chihuahua- this was the craziest thing ever- you could leave him hours outside, roaming around and peeing and shitting everywhere- what he did. then he came in and hiked his leg on everything. We had plastic tape around all furniture. As he finally had to put him down, we replaced the carpet- we had to replace even some of the sub floor- he peed even there, where we did not even knew he peed on. I couldn't do anything about him- he was my wife's dog. After he died, I told her- I'd rather have a hog than another Chihuahua.

·
Registered
850 Posts
At least he quit- we had a Chihuahua- this was the craziest thing ever- you could leave him hours outside, roaming around and peeing and shitting everywhere- what he did. then he came in and hiked his leg on everything. We had plastic tape around all furniture. As he finally had to put him down, we replaced the carpet- we had to replace even some of the sub floor- he peed even there, where we did not even knew he peed on. I couldn't do anything about him- he was my wife's dog. After he died, I told her- I'd rather have a hog than another Chihuahua.
Animals, they all have their own agenda that, most likely we, will never understand, and may not be able to control, but for the most part, we love them anyway (chihuahuas excluded).

961 - 970 of 970 Posts