DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am picking up my new 1500 Laramie tomorrow. It was built the last week of July. I stopped in to sign some papers tonight and got to see it (they still have to detail it, and add some trim).

So here's why I'm posting... The Laramie on the lot I was looking at when I make my order had a small card holder inside the front of the storage area of the console....

My truck has the same large phone/small tablet holder that the Rebel has! My Note 4 fits perfectly! This was an AWESOME surprise!

Does anyone know anything about this? Is this a small late model year change?

I didn't take a pic, but here's a pic of the Rebel interior so you know what I mean.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
There is someone in another post looking for a VIN from a truck that has that upgrade so they can find the part number for the new version of the cubby. And from what I've read, it's specifically made for cellphones.

·
Registered
862 Posts
I think it is suppose to be on all the 15s with the full center counsel, but I imagine some of the early 15s have the older version, just like some 15 sports still have the chrome projector headlights that are left over from 14.

I read that Ram took out the business card holder that was there and replaced it with a cell phone holder, since the cell phone holder was more useful.

·
Registered
328 Posts
So, My truck was built early this year. Sport regular cab. I wasn't sure what that little holder was for. Sure doesn't work with my iPhone 6. Maybe this redesigned part will hold the phone. Might replace it if it will hold the phone. That is if it don't cost hundreds of $$$!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
someone post a better picture please? I have a card holder in our 15... damn

It was dark when I got home, but here you go... This is my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 in a Pelican Case. Big phone.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Is it my eyes or does it appear that the insert with the phone holder looks recessed instead of just sitting on top of the console. Maybe will need more parts than just adding the upgraded designed compartment. :4-dontknow:

·
Registered
862 Posts
Is it my eyes or does it appear that the insert with the phone holder looks recessed instead of just sitting on top of the console. Maybe will need more parts than just adding the upgraded designed compartment. :4-dontknow:
I don't think you can add just the compartment, the older ones (pre 2015) are square and the newer ones are a more rounded shape.

·
Registered
538 Posts
it seems I am the only one thinks the card holder makes more sense as I don't need something to HOLD my phone for me while I drive. popping in an ipad or tablet is a good idea tho as some people may use these for work or whatever but I think that's a pretty small portion of the market. It is one more small thing to try get people to trade up to a 15. is it BETTER???? meh.
I have a friend with a new 15 and I also noticed when he starts his truck it says "Sport" on the evic instead of the ram logo.

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
Did they move the power point??

1 - 20 of 21 Posts