DODGE RAM FORUM banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
manifold bolt breaks... when cold the exhaust gas escapes under pressure making a ticking noise, ( not to be confused with lifter tick which is another issue)... usually starts on the passenger side... the noise tends to disappear after a few minutes... does not need to be addressed immediately, but a second bolt may break on the same side making it worse... should be covered under 100K mile warranty... MINE WAS this past March mine broke at about 72K miles

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a 2014 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Hemi - same issue passenger side started about 70K got busy/lazy to take into dealership when I did it was timed out (bought truck used and didn't know what the in-service date was) .
$1150 to replace manifolds and fix from dealer. It will get louder, but immediate should be fine to drive.
I will buying stainless headers and taking to muffler shop so will have $1100 into it but headers and not factory manifolds that warp.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just had the same issue with my '14 1500 crew cab at 54k mi. Had dealer repair it, but they said is is nor warranted. $165 later I called Chrysler, and they covered the repair.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I bought the stainless BBK shorty stainless headers so there would be no modification to the exhaust. Muffler shop said he has done about 24 of these and we are not a big city, he said about 90% the passenger side bolts are broken, I had 3 broken on the passenger and 1 on the driver. His recommendation was to get the thickest flange on the header possible so BBK had that.
After install noticed no difference in mileage, sound or performance. This was strictly the best move as factory replacement or machined exhaust manifolds would have the same issue down the road.
4 months and 12000 miles i still get a smell of the header gasket from time to time. More so after i had a leak in the a/c and it went dry for a few days.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts