DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
32,794 Posts
Do you happen to have a sunroof ? the drain tubes on that option sometimes cause a leak into the 'A' Pillars

·
Registered
70 Posts
Most likely 3rd brake light. Very common issue with the RAM. My A pillar passenger side same thing. Was 3rd brake light.

·
Premium Member
34,751 Posts
Check around the seals between the roof and unisides, and also around the windshield. Also, do what GTyankee and LOOSEWHEEL said; your problem is one of those 4 for sure

·
Registered
690 Posts
I second the Sunroof! If you have one your drain tubes are clogged at the bottom. The water is backing up and coming in. My wifes Jeep did this. Find the lowest points of the tubes and clear them of debri.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't have a sun roof.

I did the 3rd brake light weatherstrip fix - before that my 3rd brake light was constantly burning out, and it hasn't since, so I think that's good?

The dealership just replaced the windshield because they said there was a gap in the seal.

They said the next step would be taking it to a body shop???

·
Premium Member
34,751 Posts
I don't have a sun roof.

I did the 3rd brake light weatherstrip fix - before that my 3rd brake light was constantly burning out, and it hasn't since, so I think that's good?

The dealership just replaced the windshield because they said there was a gap in the seal.

They said the next step would be taking it to a body shop???
You could try addressing the windshield yourself with some flowable silicone if that's the issue. Permatex makes some that is sold at auto parts stores

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quick update - apparently they found some small holes in the welds between the roof and door under the weatherstripping on the roof. Sounds like it's a known defect. They welded the holes closed and I haven't had any leaks since.

In the process of fixing this they scratched one of my doors and broke my driver-side visor. They "fixed" the door by washing it (just the door, not the rest of the truck) and the visor is still wobbly.

Overall experience 3/10.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had this same issue in my 2010 Quad Cab Laramie Ram. It started after going through the automatic car wash which has very powerful blow dryers. The water kept leaking in through the grab handle and I could not figure out where it was coming from. I checked the sunroof drains and confirmed they were clear.

I ended up pulling up the drivers side windshield weather strip up a bit starting from the roof side. Low and behold I found a bunch of gunk / debris clustered together in the crevice where the weather strip goes. I cleared it out and tapped it back into place.

I also tapped the weatherstripping in a little tighter which surrounds the door jamb up near where the pillar is located. To date, I have not had any more water leak in even after extremely hard rains. Hope this helps.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts