DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2003 ram 2500. This truck has 202,700 miles. I bought this truck over 2 years ago for 1000 dollars beacuse it needed a heater core, ever since I bought it, it has leaked with heavy and light rains. It will leak at the drivers side a piller, the mounts for the sun visors, and over the back seat. It has cablights which I have never touched and the third brakelight which I have replaced the bulb in once. If anyone knows where it could be leaking that would certainly help, thankyou for your time.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Before it rains next time put a tarp over the cab lights and most of the roof and make sure the third brake light is exposed to the rain and no water can get under the tarp. After the rain quits look inside, If its wet then its the third brake light, if its dry it the cab lights. Anyway that's what I would do to start investigating.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Before it rains next time put a tarp over the cab lights and most of the roof and make sure the third brake light is exposed to the rain and no water can get under the tarp. After the rain quits look inside, If its wet then its the third brake light, if its dry it the cab lights. Anyway that's what I would do to start investigating.
I agree except just use a garden hose to make it rain.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have 2003 ram 2500. This truck has 202,700 miles. I bought this truck over 2 years ago for 1000 dollars beacuse it needed a heater core, ever since I bought it, it has leaked with heavy and light rains. It will leak at the drivers side a piller, the mounts for the sun visors, and over the back seat. It has cablights which I have never touched and the third brakelight which I have replaced the bulb in once. If anyone knows where it could be leaking that would certainly help, thankyou for your time.
Cab/clearance lights - known issue.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Check the drain lines at driver and passenger doors. They are tucked behind the foam in the fender opening by the door hinges. They will clog sometimes because of the way they crimped the ends. It is best to cut with razor blade. Also on the back of the cab is the same setup.
15906232937547197165588032300183.jpg

·
Registered
35 Posts
I had a leak inside my 2014 RAM 1500 about 4 yrs ago. The third brake light seals were defective. In Portland Oregon, every dealership had to replace 60-70 of them at a minimum with no cost to owners.

·
Registered
2013 Ram 2500 Laramie with 6.7 Cummins
4 Posts
Cab/clearance lights - known issue.
I agree. I have a 2005 2500 with cab lights and mine also leaked. Came down the drivers side a-puller and out the visor screws. Got some black silicone sealant from autozone, removed each light and put a bead of silicone around the holes where the wires run through and a small glob on each screw hole and put the lights back on while the silicone was wet. That was 5 years ago and they haven’t leaked since.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts