DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My cab leaks bad on the rear driver side, collects about 3/4 in in the compartment under the driver side rear seat. I had a new 3rd taillight and gasket put in. Still leaking Replaced sliding rear window with new solid window and new gasket.still leaking. Replaced cab valves that relieve pressure when slamming a door. I am at a loss what to try next. It is a Ram 3500 crew cab with Cummins engine. Everything I love except this leak. Please help! Everything is rusting back there

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
My cab leaks bad on the rear driver side, collects about 3/4 in in the compartment under the driver side rear seat. I had a new 3rd taillight and gasket put in. Still leaking Replaced sliding rear window with new solid window and new gasket.still leaking. Replaced cab valves that relieve pressure when slamming a door. I am at a loss what to try next. It is a Ram 3500 crew cab with Cummins engine. Everything I love except this leak. Please help! Everything is rusting back there
It is a 3500

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
Hi @rmartin6821 - Just wanted to give you a heads up that I had a chance to respond to your PM on this!

Mark
RamCares

·
Registered
16 Posts
Rmartin6821, I hope that you found a solution to leaking and can let others know what course to follow. A 3500 Cummins Crew Cab 4wd is not an easy vehicle to replace. I have been through leaks as well on a 2017 Laramie Longhorn 1500. The first was the third brake light for which the dealer solution was to apply an RTV “gasket” at the cost of $150. Ram Cares contacted me and reimbursed the cost. Several months later it’s leaking again. This time it was determined by the dealer that the cab vents required replacements at a cost of $175. I contacted Ram Cares representative who assured me that I would always have access to their assistance in this matter and I only needed to reference my case number. Well I did that twice, by phone and on this forum and have not heard a word. It’s really disheartening to save for and go through the search for a new vehicle, find one you love and purchase it only to discover that it’s got problems clearly due to manufacturing and there seems to be little you can do other than get screwed repeatedly by the dealership trying to correct it. It’s great for Ram Cares to “fix” these problems by covering the cost of those they hear from when they decide to reply but where are the real fixes that are permanent. Doesn’t Ram owe their owners that?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts