DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Iv'e got 2 codes P0133 and P0153 O2 sensor(s) slow response. My theory is, if its slow to respond, the A/F Ratio is not switching from Lean to Rich like it should and is just staying Lean. But shouldn't it just give me lean code? I have data logged and it seems to be adding 18-20% on the fuel trim on average. It only seems to happen when MDS is active. I had MDS disabled via my predator when i installed the headers but i now want some fuel economy back since 12MPG was hurttin the wallet lol! I wanted to try a "Power Wire" to try and see if it would throw a little extra fuel at my problem but it is not reading 20 degrees below actual IAT that it should, instead its reading 96 degrees below actual IAT with the 4.7K ohm resistor. So any thoughts? And if i use a 180 T-stat wont that also set a check engine light since its not reaching operating temp?

Any help is much appreciated!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Anyone Have any input?

·
Registered
17 Posts
same problem installed headers now its acting like its shifting but just boggs down then up...idk what to do might take it in?? got any ideas???

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Getting a custom tune will be you best best and if you dont have that option use alower octane tune and run a higher octane gas so it wont retard the timing as much to help it run a little richer. for example set your tuner for 87 and run 91 octane gas. but to actually get what you wanted from the headers a custom tune is recommended

·
Registered
17 Posts
ohhh...so a custom tune is all it really needs??? what all does that custom tune do...equalizes the fuel to air ratio right??? damn thought it was my tranny???

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't have the ability to do a custom tune right now. And I have been running 93 octane with the 91 tune. I bought some new resistors and I will install and report. I really wanna get the custom tune but I also plan on doing a cam install later and don't want to tune twice unnecessarily and waste $800+

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Robust, If you get an diablo intune and buy hemi fevers 250 custom it comes with unlimited tunes so when you do a cam swap it costs you nothing more but for the time being try dropping down to the next lower octane tune it really should help out. And ramdude I honestly cant tell you exactly what they do but they will adjust fuel inputs timing and other parameters to maximize your trucks output to exactly what you truck has on it. After sean wrote mine I was using a superchips canned tune before and it was night and day difference

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, I've been eyeballing that intune from hemifever for a while now lol. It's time to update from the predator.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
I have nothing but great things to say about sean and his tunes he literally had my tune done within hours of me sending him my files and answered every question it didn't matter what time. I think he sent me my final tune at like 9 at night he is a superb guy and his tunes are incredible you won't be disappointed.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've never heard anything bad about sean. But every time I read something new about hemifever the more I wanna buy lol! I appreciate the input Kamanhart

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
I've never heard anything bad about sean. But every time I read something new about hemifever the more I wanna buy lol! I appreciate the input Kamanhart
No problems man glad to help hopefully you get something worked out :smileup: also installing an 180 degree t-stat will not trow a code being you have an 06-08 I believe you can even change your fan engagement to match it but it is also a great mod IMO as well

·
Registered
17 Posts
cool...well do you have any suggestions on which or what tuner is the best out there for dodge hemis 5.7 and that can fix that problem?...im just getting used to all this stuff just starting out fixing my truck up and customizing it...thanks for the input so far

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well I I have installed my "power wire" and so far so good. No codes have been thrown. I installed a 2.2K Ohm resistor instead of the 4.7k ohm due to the not so drastic temp drop. The 4.7 dropped the temp my 95 degrees, which made the truck guzzle gas and smell like the '70s lol. So I bought the 2.2k which dropped the temp 18 degrees fahrenheit( close to the promised 20℉) . I cannot tell if the timing advanced any because it fluctuates to much. But for my purpose, this mod scores an A+ .

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm gonna have to toss a resistor in mine next chance I get. And +1 to Sean, he's gotta be one of the best email tuners for Mopar stuff, he has my 4.7 PCM tuned to run my cammed 5.7 hemi and it runs great!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well here it is. Proof that the power wire works. I ran 0.15 quicker with the power installed. A 2.2K ohm resistor was used on my 2008 Hemi Ram

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts