DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to upgrade my rubber steering wheel to the heated leather wheel. Is this possible on my 2017 express. I do not have radio controls as I would like to add them at the same time.

·
Premium Member
32,782 Posts
I have read that it several owners of 4th Gen Rams have made the switch

Make sure you disconnect the batteries Negative Post & let it sit about 15 minutes, to make sure that you don't set off the Air Bags

I found this video, it doesn't give instructions :(

www.youtube.com/watch?v=af0eIlrV8do

Right Hand Drive Ram video, it explains a bit

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4tq_zhkcck
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ask Benny about the radio controls, they are a sponsor on our website

http://moparonlineparts.com/1500-steering-wheel-audio-control-upgrade-p-6139.html

·
Super Moderator
34,750 Posts
Another option that will be cheaper and may be easier would be to wrap your current wheel, which would also save you the trouble of dealing with airbags. If you take your time it will look just like the factory ones:

http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=197381

At first I was like "IDGAF about the leather steering wheel" but after driving Rams without it, I am very glad to have it. Its the only leather in the truck and I keep it conditioned and cleaned so it stays nice and supple.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I have read that it several owners of 4th Gen Rams have made the switch

Make sure you disconnect the batteries Negative Post & let it sit about 15 minutes, to make sure that you don't set off the Air Bags

I found this video, it doesn't give instructions :(

www.youtube.com/watch?v=af0eIlrV8do

Right Hand Drive Ram video, it explains a bit

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4tq_zhkcck
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ask Benny about the radio controls, they are a sponsor on our website

http://moparonlineparts.com/1500-steering-wheel-audio-control-upgrade-p-6139.html
Right hand drive I want one also like the red dash lights. :smiley_thumbs_up:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If I decide to order a leather wheel from ebay will I also need to replace the clock spring? also will the heated steering wheel need to be activated?

·
Registered
15,696 Posts
Not sure about the clock spring, pretty sure it will have to be activated by the dealer. I would talk to them first before you start the change.

·
Premium Member
2013 RAM Laramie Crew Cab
3,444 Posts
If your RAM doesn't have the heated wheel option you have to replace the clock spring, part of the wiring harness, and get a module as well as getting a code added at the dealership.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
If your RAM doesn't have the heated wheel option you have to replace the clock spring, part of the wiring harness, and get a module as well as getting a code added at the dealership.
dont you also need to buy the heating module?

·
Premium Member
2013 RAM Laramie Crew Cab
3,444 Posts
dont you also need to buy the heating module?
Yes that is the module I was referencing in my post. It then needs a proper code added so the truck will recognize the module. If the truck already has the heated wheel it's a simple swap using the existing airbag.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Yes that is the module I was referencing in my post. It then needs a proper code added so the truck will recognize the module. If the truck already has the heated wheel it's a simple swap using the existing airbag.
It might help if I read what you wrote

1 - 10 of 10 Posts