DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else notice with changing their tails lights to led bulbs and hook a trailer up the brake light come on and off without touching the brake pedal is this a normal thing or is there something wrong?

·
Registered
12 2500 Cummins, 92 W150 5.2
227 Posts
May be a slight backfeed from the trailer and the LED is sensitive enough to be powered. I had a similar issue with my Trans Am with the LEDs I put in the map lights. One of the little diodes would stay light on each bulb until the BCM went to sleep. Never caused a problem. Is it only vehicle brake lights, trailer or both? Does it happen with incandescent bulbs?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It is both the trailer and the truck and I never had that problem before with my trailer I wouldnt have even noticed because it was daytime but my one buddy was following me and he called me and asked me if I had my foot resting on the pedal but I just dont see how the leds would affect it at all

·
Registered
479 Posts
well you could try getting some load resistors so your bulbs dont read as being out. that could be causing the problem. but ive never heard of them causing the trailer to do the same thing. did you wire the trailer pigtail to your truck yourself, or did your truck come with it on there?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts