DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I know there was some threads about bulbs and getting more light on the truck.

I want to know if anyone has installed LED bulbs in their fog lights, what kind and did they help? I would rather do this than install RIGID industries pods which will cost me over $1000 Canadian for 4 to replace my fog lights.

If not LED bulbs what did you do to get more light on the road without spending a fortune?

Thanks everyone! :smileup:

·
Registered
192 Posts
I installed LED bulbs in the fog lights on the wife's Wrangler. They looked whiter from the outside, but they sure did not do the job for driving. I put the original halogens back in and they were better for seeing down the road. Unless the light is actually designed for LED, I don't think they work as well. I really don't think there is an "inexpensive" way to get better lighting. Good luck with your project.

·
Registered
259 Posts

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
34,750 Posts
I have been very pleased with PIAA Ion Yellow bulbs for my fogs. I was so happy with them in the Ram that I put a set in my Durango; my wife has trouble driving in fog and rain at night (she has an optometry appointment scheduled) and she likes the yellow fogs a lot too.

We moved the MO from NC and I think it may be even foggier here, though it rains less.

·
Premium Member
426 Posts
Hey everyone,

I know there was some threads about bulbs and getting more light on the truck.

I want to know if anyone has installed LED bulbs in their fog lights, what kind and did they help? I would rather do this than install RIGID industries pods which will cost me over $1000 Canadian for 4 to replace my fog lights.

If not LED bulbs what did you do to get more light on the road without spending a fortune?

Thanks everyone! :smileup:
Take a look at the Xtreme Pro LED fog light kits for a brighter and easy upgrade.

Here's an example of them installed:

Danny

1 - 5 of 5 Posts