DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Watch for a couple of minutes more. When the EVIC goes off, the cargo LEDs finally go off. I'll guess just a little bleed thru current...

·
Registered
307 Posts
I've noticed the same on my truck since I installed LED's in all 3 sockets in the cargo/brake light. It's like the circuit carries just enough juice to light up the LED's dimly, but it is not enough to light up the stock incandescent bulbs.

Darin

·
Registered
78 Posts
Are these the OEM LED bed lights you're talking about? I got a set but have not installed them yet.

So I have an issue to look forward to? Are you guys taping into the right power when installing them?

·
Registered
29 Posts
LED Cargo Lights

The "factory" installed incandescent bulbs act as a short to ground for the remaing voltage in a circuit, which is normally only a couple of volts. The LED bulbs don't ground out the voltage which is why you get the glowing effect. If you want to eliminate the glow try splicing in a 1.5 ohm .5 watt resistor on the "+" wire going to the led and on every "+" wire to every led bulb. This should help eliminate the glow.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I think it might have something to do with the way it's wired. From what I can remember in my old Ford the switched wire was the ground. So they are constantly fed +12v and when you turn them on they are grounded.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts