DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a lot of reserach and thinking I finally pulled the trigger and purchased a LED light bar and installed in on my truck.

The light bar fit perfectly where the black plastic insert is between the two frame rails. I had to cut out the plastic so the bar could be installed.

What do you guys think?

Attachments

·
Registered
256 Posts
After a lot of reserach and thinking I finally pulled the trigger and purchased a LED light bar and installed in on my truck.

The light bar fit perfectly where the black plastic insert is between the two frame rails. I had to cut out the plastic so the bar could be installed.

What do you guys think?
Nothing personal, I just don't like the look. :4-dontknow: Although, I bet it's nice and bright! :smileup:

·
Registered
167 Posts
It fits there well, just not my style. I seriously considered going with one on my bull bar, but made a mock up with cardboard to see how it might look, and decided to go with regular driving lights instead. If you like it, thats all that matters.

How bright is it? Id like to see a pic of it in the dark.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I like the placement. I would like the look more if the headlights, fogs, and the LED bar be slightly tinted. On the black truck the lights stick out too much. But that's me.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Don't take this wrong but it doesn't look right to me. Maybe the contrast between the black bumper and the light bar is too much. I bet if the bumper was chrome it might blend in better. But if you are happy with it that's all that matters.

·
Registered
231 Posts
looks great there, i thought of that but went with putting a bull bar on and then mounting a 20" 120W led light bar onto that. vv sig picvv

"edit: i also decided to get a light bar with the most black on it, i found this one and it has black between each 10w LED.......

·
Registered
26 Posts
I purchased a 20" bar from rigid industries but can't figure out the best way to mount it down there. What mounting bracket did you use? I have two 9" Hellas now and do not like the look, LED is cleaner and brighter. Nice job.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I am loving the light bars you guys are running :smileup: so jealous! I’m debating getting a 40” LED from either Rigid or Baja industries and mounting them on my Yakima roof rack right where the wind faring goes.

However I’m not having much luck convincing the Mrs. So far my argument of “its cheaper to buy good lights then hit a deer” isn’t working :4-dontknow:

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
It does stick out against the black. That being said if they didn't change the bumper on the 13 I would have done that myself. I like really want some extra lighting.
Also I have already looked into getting a roof rack just for a place to mount a big led bar. I saw a jeep and a F159 with them and it looked better on the jeep but it was how bright it was that sold me on it.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Your truck, your taste. I like the thought of one, but to get one and have it matched to my truck is going to be a PITA.

·
Registered
480 Posts
I really want to do this but leaning towards a single row of LED's --

I think it would look much better reccessed in as the plastic insert is -- about 1/4 inch in from being flush with the face of the bumper. it would be a more finished look .

1 - 13 of 13 Posts