DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wondering if anyone can help me out? I just bought a light bar for the back of my truck that has the four prong connector and a white wire for the reverse lights. I don't want to use the four prong connector, i want to hard wire it. I'm curious if anyone has a diagram for what wires i need to tap into in the tail light to do this? Any help would be appreciated by a newby here. Thanks

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hey, i got the same bar on my truck. There isnt really a need to hard wire it, just plug it in and splice the white wire to the reverse light wire on the truck. Why are u wanting to hard wire it?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I want it hardwired because i think it looks a little ghetto having it plugged into the adapter, and don't want to have to unplug it and make sure its not hanging down every time i want to pull my trailer. I think it would look cleaner if it was hardwired and not showing. Really comes down to personal preference and how much you pull a trailer around i guess.

·
Registered
626 Posts
^ agreed. But on the 3rd gens can't you move the pig tail to under and behind truck?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts