DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to upgrade to led light bulbs on my headlights and I am looking for suggestions on bulbs that will actually fit the housing. Thanks !

·
Registered
42 Posts
LED lamp replacement

Since I was planning on posting my experiences on this forum today, I will just add it to your thread BJ5556.

I was unhappy with the stock light output of the quad headlights on my 2014 1500. I installed Spider headlight units, and while they looked great, they functioned poorly.

I recently put back in the original housings and purchased a pair of Morimoto 2Stroke 2.0 LED lamps. In my opinion, they provide excellent light output, and the straight white color is sweet. I was unsure if needed, but I went ahead and purchased and installed the anti-flicker harness.

The H11 low beams fit perfectly, and can be timed to proper alignment. However, the 9005 high-beam lamps cannot be timed, and seat 90 degrees off of proper alignment.. This weekend I will have to see if I can file some tabs down to make them seat at the proper alignment.

Also worth noting is that after mounting the H11s, the factory housing caps fit just fine; However, the 9005s are a squishing fit to get the housing caps back on.

·
Registered
215 Posts
That's some good info. I have been looking at replacing all of mine, lows/highs and fogs but just want to make sure that they all fit....

·
Registered
42 Posts
update

I purchased the lamps from TheRetrofitSource. Today I received a response from an inquiry sent the day before, asking if the 9005s could be timed to proper alignment with the 2Stroke 2.0s. "No, at this time in production, they cannot." Therefore, like stated, this weekend (if I don't have to work) I will see if they can be modified to align properly.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I don’t regret upgrading to Kohree LED light bulbs. In fact, I haven’t replaced them for a year, durable enough to my liking, every one works perfectly. They are so much brighter than the incandescent bulbs and the cheap LEDs I tried before in my RV. They are a clean white color, longer lifespan than basic bulbs and operates on very low voltages.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts