DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought some 4210 9-LED replacements for my overhead map lights on 2003 Ram 1500. They work great with the door and the dimmer switch but when the map light switch is pressed, they go almost completely dim with 1 or 2 of the LED's barely glowing. This also happens if I push the map light switch while they are lit by the door or dimmer. Anyone else have this problem and know how to fix it?

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
I just bought some 4210 9-LED replacements for my overhead map lights on 2003 Ram 1500. They work great with the door and the dimmer switch but when the map light switch is pressed, they go almost completely dim with 1 or 2 of the LED's barely glowing. This also happens if I push the map light switch while they are lit by the door or dimmer. Anyone else have this problem and know how to fix it?

I have the same problems on my 04... doesnt bug me too much, the led's in my cargo light also go dim when the truck is running, looks cool at night... i have not heard of a fix for these issues on the 3rd gen rams....

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
The fix for the glowing is a resistor soldered to the leads on the LED. Which type/size varies by bulb i believe.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts