DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need help please...I just tinted my taillights with the VHT Niteshades paint and it came out okay. I would like to replace the stock bulbs with super bright LED bulbs mainly to keep the police off of me. I believe the current bulbs are:
921 - back up lights
3156 - tail/brake lights

Question is...there are several color choices. They (superbrightleds.com) recommend to choose the color that matches the lens, which was red, now I painted them smoke/black. Which color should I choose: red, cool white or natural white?

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
I need help please...I just tinted my taillights with the VHT Niteshades paint and it came out okay. I would like to replace the stock bulbs with super bright LED bulbs mainly to keep the police off of me. I believe the current bulbs are:
921 - back up lights
3156 - tail/brake lights

Question is...there are several color choices. They (superbrightleds.com) recommend to choose the color that matches the lens, which was red, now I painted them smoke/black. Which color should I choose: red, cool white or natural white?
Ok i can help you had mine painted i had the white leds could not see shit then i bought the red leds and holy crap would not even know they were tinted when you hit the brakes so ya RED my friend

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok i can help you had mine painted i had the white leds could not see shit then i bought the red leds and holy crap would not even know they were tinted when you hit the brakes so ya RED my friend
That's funny how that works. Thanks for the reply...Red it is then!

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
Here you go now remember mine are painted with automotive paint so if the red led's cut through that then the vht will be n/p

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
installed LEDs...but

Here you go now remember mine are painted with automotive paint so if the red led's cut through that then the vht will be n/p

That looks great...I installed my red LEDs and they shined through great however, the turn signals did not work. I am wondering if I bought the wrong ones or is there a mod I need to do? Here are the ones I bought at SuperBrightLEDs.com:
2 | 3157-x18-T: 18HP-LED 16mm Wedge Base 3157 Tower Bulb| |
3157-R18-T: 3157 Red

1 - 9 of 9 Posts