DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, this is only SORTA related to lighting. I've got a lot of whine in some of the weaker AM stations on my stock head unit. It goes away for the most part when you apply the brakes. I have been searching around and it seems some people have noticed this after installing HID's. I've only done my map lights and cargo light, and overhead cab light. I haven't put resistors in any of them except the overhead cab light so far. I'm thinking now that it may have something to do with this.

Am I the only one who listens to AM radio??? Has anyone else noticed this??

Could give it a try if you have a similar situation??

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
I have hid fogs and lows and leds in every light you can think of i have no whine on f/m sat or hdd but what is this am you speak of lol ill try it out tonight and let you know.

Question why do you have a resistor on your cab light you should only really need resistors for your turn/brake lights i have then im my dome map glove box visors and none of them have nor needed resistors

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have hid fogs and lows and leds in every light you can think of i have no whine on f/m sat or hdd but what is this am you speak of lol ill try it out tonight and let you know.

Question why do you have a resistor on your cab light you should only really need resistors for your turn/brake lights i have then im my dome map glove box visors and none of them have nor needed resistors
Lucky i guess. They work fine without resistors as long as the truck is running. But they don't when it is off. Fairly common from what i've read. It

It only happens on weaker stations. The local sports talk station is really weak. AND it goes away when you apply the brakes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts