DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I own a 2010 1500 ST with 6.3 box. I'm looking at a used leer cap from a 2008 1500 for camping use and removed during working days. I was told it will not fit due to the change of the tailgate. The tailgate for 2010 and up have a curve to them instead of a straight cut. I've seen some newer rams around with caps on them. The caps are straight and the tailgate curves out. It doesnt look bad and looks like it works out. I was unable to get a closer look since he was going the other direction. Does anyone here have a cap on there truck? If so can you post some pics or email at [email protected]

Please and thank!

Rich

·
Registered
417 Posts
I would check with Leer. I have a cap on mine and the cap is straight but they screwed on a trim piece to the bottom of the cap door that wraps aroud the tailgate so the water can't get in. I can't get get you pictures as the truck is at the bodyshop for the next several days.

·
Registered
417 Posts
I would think you would have to go to a Leer dealer to get the proper adapter.

·
Registered
666 Posts
It's difficult to see in the photo below but this particular cap (Raider) came with a piece that fits over top of the stock tailgate cap. Most caps (including LEER) have this piece attached to the back window. You may be able to purchase this cover piece for the tailgate from Raider.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts