DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Curious if anyone else notices a "clunk" when using the lever for the left turn signal? I had the truck into the dealer today for an oil change and to replace the backup camera and had them look at the switch for the signals. They said it is normal and they did not replace it. It drives me crazy. Any ideas?

Thanks
Rick
2010 1500 Quad Cab Laramie

E

·
0 Posts
"clunk" ? Only for a left turn and not a right? Get out of the truck, look at the base of the stalk and move it to the left turn position. Is the stalk bumping the plastic surround?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's not bumping the surround but it is the surround that is making the noise on the right side near the gauges as I move the stalk down. I didn't want to just stuff something in there. Thought i would see if someone else has had a similar situation and what the best course of action is to dampen the sound.

E

·
0 Posts
Something ain't right. It shouldn't "clunk". Something behind the surround (probably a harness connector) has worked loose and when you move the stalk, it's bumping the inside of the surround.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's probably it. I'll be sure to suggest that next time at the dealer. Thanks a bunch.

·
Registered
7,181 Posts
Yup, now that you've seen what it is you can show it to the dealer. Don't accept the "its supposed to do that" statement. New cars and trucks don't just make random noises and other strange things.

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Yup, now that you've seen what it is you can show it to the dealer. Don't accept the "its supposed to do that" statement. New cars and trucks don't just make random noises and other strange things.
Mine made a random noise today, and frankly, it scared the piss outta me.
The snow is starting to melt here and I had some chunks of ice in the bed. I stopped at a stop sign and the ice chunks slid from the back of the bed to the front. Gave me a good startle lol!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts