DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anyway to move the drivers seat back a few inches for us guys with long legs? These new seats look to have everything riveted together opposed to the earlier models that used nuts and bolts where you could drill a few holes in the track and adjust the seat position back. thanks.

·
Registered
7,181 Posts
You could always take a hack-saw to your ankles. :LOL: Seriously, the only idea that comes to mind is to pull the seats and drill out the rivets and put holes and nuts and bolts where you want them.

How about dropping by our Newbie section and introducing yourself. :D

·
Registered
7,790 Posts
i agree with everyone else!!!!

·
Premium Member
32,678 Posts
you may also find a way to put some type of riser between the floor & seat frame, but, if you are real tall , you may have trouble seeing out your windshield

I have to wonder IF the mega cab or two door regular cab seat rails might be longer

I have considered changing my front bucket seats for air ride seats like used in semi trucks, they also have them for vans, pickups, low riders, etc.
http://www.suburbanseats.com/

·
Registered
389 Posts
Is there anyway to move the drivers seat back a few inches for us guys with long legs? These new seats look to have everything riveted together opposed to the earlier models that used nuts and bolts where you could drill a few holes in the track and adjust the seat position back. thanks.
How tall are you~!??:SHOCKED:

Just take the front seat out and drive from the back :doh:

:beerchug:J/K

·
Registered
479 Posts
Ever see Jaws in the James Bond movies driving the Cady. He stuck his head out of the sunroof! Just a thought. :D

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am 6'10".
Like she says ' a couple of inches make a big difference'.
I'll have to figure out how to remove the seat from the track.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts