DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I ordered my Legmaker short ram intake with the S&B filter. Andrew @ Bully's exchanged some messages with Legmaker on my behalf in my effort to locate a pre-filter for it. Legmaker indicated the S&B was custom for them so locating a pre-filter might be tough. They said to try AFE as my best bet.

That didn't garner any results for me, so I messaged S&B last night and asked them if they had a sock for the filter I was getting. I provided the dimensions and they replied:

Update for Case #6110 - "Pre-filter sock cover"

Var,
Thanks for the email, I checked and I don't have a pre-filter available for this filter. Below is the name and number to a company that you can contact that can get you a pre-filter. I hope this helps. Thanks,

Outerwears Company

269-679-3301
So I surfed over to the outerwears site tonight. I knew they're products because I run some of their stuff on my bikes. I manually searched the site and scanned ~150 pre-filters before I said screw it, and used google as my search biotch instead ;) I used this string in my search:

"Base Diameter: 6 1/2", "Height: 9" " Top Diameter: 5 1/4" site:www.outerwearsracing.com
Worked like a charm! Instantly popping out this result:

2002 FORD F-250 SUPER DUTY 20-1621

Turns out the LMI is running a filter with identical dimensions to a S&B model number KF2530. This filter is water repellent and has a top. It sells for $34.45 USD.

Hopefully this help the next guy out there buying a Legmaker short ram intake find a pre-filter. Andrew also indicated, though, that after my inquiring, Legmaker is planning to start stocking pre-filters in the future.

Cheers,

Var

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
And a little blurb on the technology that goes into their pre-filters:

Outerwears Pre-filters are designed to enhance the efficiency of any performance or exposed air filter. The Pre-filter is constructed with a proprietary polyester mesh with uniform micron openings, treated with an optional hydrophobic water-repellent process. The mesh is UV resistant, filters debris down to .005”, is shatter proof in freezing temperatures, and resistant to heat up to 450 degrees. The material is puncture resistant and has elasticity characteristics allowing the threads to return to the original position in the event the threads have been impacted or shifted. The manufacturing process incorporates a welded seam for strength, or reinforced industrial grade thread to fill needle holes and to reduce potential failure points in the material. The top seam utilizes specialized thread and cording (ON LARGER PIECES W/TOPS) to reinforce durability of the top. Six stock colors are available in either regular or the water-repellent variety. Special colors are available with appropriate volume. Pre-filters are designed to deflect the damaging debris, which clogs air filters, compromising peak air-flow and horsepower. The Pre-filter also extends the time between servicing intervals reducing costs and increasing convenience for the consumer.

Var

·
Registered
50 Posts
Thanks Var, the search is finally over!!!! I found a few that were close but not quite right for our application. I'll be ordering mine soon. If you get yours before I get mine let me know how it performs.

Andy

·
Registered
116 Posts
Hey guys,

I ordered my Legmaker short ram intake with the S&B filter. Andrew @ Bully's exchanged some messages with Legmaker on my behalf in my effort to locate a pre-filter for it. Legmaker indicated the S&B was custom for them so locating a pre-filter might be tough. They said to try AFE as my best bet.

That didn't garner any results for me, so I messaged S&B last night and asked them if they had a sock for the filter I was getting. I provided the dimensions and they replied:

So I surfed over to the outerwears site tonight. I knew they're products because I run some of their stuff on my bikes. I manually searched the site and scanned ~150 pre-filters before I said screw it, and used google as my search biotch instead ;) I used this string in my search:

Worked like a charm! Instantly popping out this result:

2002 FORD F-250 SUPER DUTY 20-1621

Turns out the LMI is running a filter with identical dimensions to a S&B model number KF2530. This filter is water repellent and has a top. It sells for $34.45 USD.

Hopefully this help the next guy out there buying a Legmaker short ram intake find a pre-filter. Andrew also indicated, though, that after my inquiring, Legmaker is planning to start stocking pre-filters in the future.

Cheers,

Var
Good to know and thanks for sharing. i love my LMI short ram intake. It really makes my truck sound meaner and the throttle response has improved.

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yup!

I have a blue and black that just cleared custom in Mississauga today! :)

Tomorrow AM I pick up my Legmaker, and Wednesday morning everything that's in purple in my sig (except the catch can) will be installed!

Fricken A .. that's all I can say.

Var

·
Registered
18,033 Posts
Yup!

I have a blue and black that just cleared custom in Mississauga today! :)

Tomorrow AM I pick up my Legmaker, and Wednesday morning everything that's in purple in my sig (except the catch can) will be installed!

Fricken A .. that's all I can say.

Var
Glad everything arrived!
Gotta tell me offline if what I did for some of the items helped on duties :smileup:

Also, why isn't the catch can getting installed?

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well the cutout and legmaker are costing me almost $100 in customs charges! :(

Not sure that was your intention or not .. everything else was cool. All your help was greatly appreciated Andrew!

Var

Note: Catch can I'd like to do myself. Everything else is just convenient to have my shop install at once.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts