DODGE RAM FORUM banner

761 - 780 of 783 Posts

·
Super Moderator
34,698 Posts
150 mile trip, nice and smooth at 78 MPH, with 210* coolant, plenty of air flow, 230* oil, and 197* trans temp. No modified grills, thermostat, or even a catch can! Amazing

Bahaha, I didn't figure the weight would be an issue for the powertrain, just the distribution of it.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Bahaha, I didn't figure the weight would be an issue for the powertrain, just the distribution of it.
Lol yeah the pulling weight was obviously no issue. It doesn’t weigh near what the boat does, but I was a little concerned I’d get the message that the air suspension was overloaded. Those axles are so far back on that trailer, that it was a lot of tongue weight.

·
Registered
36 Posts

picking up my buddy's new turd in galveston about a month ago. really made me want to get some 5000lbs bags for the rear instead of the 1000s.

much less exciting image of some pergolas i picked up a week ago. 160lbs per box, 6 boxes total. my truck doesn't see much excitement other than commuting. lol

·
Registered
5,701 Posts

picking up my buddy's new turd in galveston about a month ago. really made me want to get some 5000lbs bags for the rear instead of the 1000s.

much less exciting image of some pergolas i picked up a week ago. 160lbs per box, 6 boxes total. my truck doesn't see much excitement other than commuting. lol
You could just get some Tuftruck springs and forget about the airbags.

·
Registered
1,961 Posts

Looks like you could have positioned the vehicle on the trailer a little further back to more centre the load over the axles. That way you wouldn't have had as much sag.

·
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member
3,201 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Hauled some more firewood

Moved and stacked 4 cords of firewood for next years heat. Really love the Rear Air Suspension. The factory brake controller works great also.

Attachments

·
Registered
465 Posts
Finally making some time to ride so I rigged up my new hitch hauler on the truck prior to heading to Jax beach in the morning for some surf riding.
My wife wasn't interested in this trip so this sure beats dragging a trailer all the way for just the one ski.

The air ride sure makes loading and unloading a breeze.

761 - 780 of 783 Posts