DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So as with anything there are many different options for a cam. Ive got a 05 QC 4x4 Hemi. I want a bad ass sounding cam that actually has practical performance. Im going to be putting in 4.10s soon and I still have stock heads. So i guess im looking for a mid range cam. I know weight is a HUGE issue here. Got my sights on the Spartan and Comp 268... Any advice will be welcomed

Pacesetter mid tubes, Intake, Diablosport, stock heads, gears soon to come

·
Registered
941 Posts
The Comp260/268 series seem to be the popular choice for our heavy 4x4's. Someday I'll get one!!!!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
I got Comp Cams to grind me a KRC 210X cam... I'm more than happy with it, aggressive sound and awesome torque. Needs a custom tune to run though, mostly for idle. The Comp 260 and Sidewinder cams are supposed to be pretty good for heavy QC's too.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Yea I just emailed them a copy of the cam card with all the specs, they put it in their system and sent me a copy of what they put in the computer to verify that everything was what I wanted. I ordered the custom grind and it was at my door 4 days later. Their customer service was excellent. It was a little over $400 I think.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Let us know what happens, i want the 268 over 260 for the top end

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Will do. Think when I do it ill make a video of idle. Plans are Pacesetter longtubes dumped, Either 268 or Spartan... Stock heads still

·
Registered
6,250 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
i have used this video to fall asleep before. that is one sick truck. and i wish i had the money and means for cams and heads and all that fun stuff. nothin but bolt ons for me. good luck choosing and yes videos for sure

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
Thanks. The video is old but still good to hear. The Cam ended up going to PCP and his sounds downright nasty.
Cheap Glowshift brand (Oil PSI and Trans' Temp), then of course the AEM wideband. Also Raptor shift light which comes in handy with the B&M floor shifter.

·
Registered
9 Posts
im going to be gettina a comp 268 cam, before mem. weekend, i race the truck in the dunes at silver lake. but this is a daily driver i havint seen anybody put what fuel they run. can you run anything 87-89-91??

1 - 16 of 16 Posts