DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at new tires in the near future. I have a 4th gen 2wd QC and it will have a 2/4 drop kit on it next week. I want a wider tire and I have been reading that a 305 series tire wont fit up front due to rubbing. well i am not looking at going any taller but just wider. all the tires i have seen in a 20" option are shorter and maybe a half inch wider for it to be able to fit up front. the difference is about 1 inch shorter than stock. I know i have had trucks with taller tires before and noticed the decrease in performance.

So, what can I expect performance wise by going to an inch shorter tire?

also I am thinking about running a 275/55 or a 285/55 up front and a 305/55 or 305/50 in the rear. anybody running two different tire sizes F/R?

·
Registered
206 Posts
Changing tire height affects the truck in a similar means to changing gearing ratios. Smaller diameter will provide better acceleration at the expense of top speed, which won't really matter since the truck has a speed limiter anyways.

Running different widths of tires front to back limits your ability to rotate tires if they have a directional tread pattern.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thats kind of what i was thinking with the tire size. is there a general rule of how much of a change is acceptable?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts