DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else notice the on the 2019 Ram build site you now have to order the trailer tow group if you want the Level 1 package. I don’t understand why they would force you to get tow mirrors and lose the 360 camera. Btw, the build was for a ‘19 Limited 4x4 5’7 bed.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Anyone else notice the on the 2019 Ram build site you now have to order the trailer tow group if you want the Level 1 package. I don’t understand why they would force you to get tow mirrors and lose the 360 camera. Btw, the build was for a ‘19 Limited 4x4 5’7 bed.

It's a glitch............made me chose the trailer controller for some reason when I built my Longhorn and added Level 1 and then took away something else. Just go to the dealership with your wish list and have them build it. I actually handed the dealership a word document with the sales code and prices (from the Ram site) of what I wanted. He showed me the build sheet and I compared it to my word document to make sure everything I wanted was there and nothing was added.....like tow mirror or tow package. Many of us have reported some irregularities with the Ram site.

And I do mean....I wrote down every sales code, from the color of my truck to color of interior. He actually liked that I had those sales codes.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Thanks, how flexible was the dealer in moving away from MSRP on a build?

Required no flexibility. He came back and had a price below MSRP without me even asking. I didn't ask for it, didn't hint at it. He handed me a build sheet with the MSRP, the Employee Pricing and the Friends and Family Pricing, and showed me what he was willing to discount it at. I got somewhere between employee pricing and friends and family pricing....which are both below MSRP

Dealers may vary, of course. But I wouldn't buy one above invoice. In NC, I see dealers taking $5-$6K off with just the dealer discounts alone. My MSRP was $65,755 ........he was at $59,226 before I even asked for any further discounts. Then I got all of the discounts I qualified for .....FCA discount, Military/USAA, etc.

·
Super Moderator
34,750 Posts
The B&P site is not quite the same as the dealers ordering software. Sometimes it won't list available items and others it will force you to choose stuff you don't really need to

·
Registered
26 Posts
So, I got screwed with this supposed glitch. I would rather have the 360 camera view instead of these ugly tow mirrors. Am I able to take it back to them and have the 360 camera system put in??

·
Registered
172 Posts
tow mirrors vs 360 mirrors

I'm surprised that glitch is still there on the Limited. They got it fixed on the other trim levels a week or so ago.
I ordered my Longhorn about two weeks ago or so
salesmen suggested going without tow mirrors so I wouldn't lose the 360 cameras and adding trailer tow brake back in as a stand alone option for $275 Cdn and I chose to do that as I feel the 360 is a real safety plus

I expect 'slide on' extension mirrors will suffice when pulling an 8 1/2 wide unit

1 - 9 of 9 Posts