DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!
I am new to the forum and I drive a 2wd 2005 ram 1500 SLT. I am really wanting to put a leveling kit on it and get some bigger tires but I'm just trying to make sure it'll work out. I am just wondering if it is worth doing, because I am nervous that it will cause issues in the long run or ruin anything on my truck. I am a girl and do not know enough about doing it and if there is any risk to it, as I do not have the resources to easily fix it if something goes wrong lol. If anyone has any input and info about leveling out a 2wd I'd really appreciate it! Also, if anyone has done this and has pictures of how it looks that'd help me out a lot! thanks! :)

·
Registered
73 Posts
it wont really hurt your truck, get a daystar leveling kit, it lifts the front 2.5" inches, not sure on how large of tires you can go though. If you have a shop do it, they normally warranty everything so if there is a problem, they will fix it at their expence.

·
Registered
140 Posts
It won't hurt your truck, I had an 07 GMC 2WD i had a leveling kit on. as far as what to use everyone will tell you different I would'nt use leveling spacers, I would go with Bilstein 5100 adjustable shocks there are alot of guys on the forum who will agree. I would put some pics of my GMC up So you could see it But i might get kicked off the forum! lol

·
Registered
140 Posts
I did a little more research i'm not sure if the Bilsteins will work for a 2WD, but with that said leveling your truck wont hurt it. I've got a lot of buddies that have spacers

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
okay awesome! thats my problem is that everyone tells me different lol. i've had people tell me its not worth doing because it will make a crappy ride for my truck, but then other people tell me i should do it! and i really want to so i will definitely look into that! thanks for the info :)

·
Registered
46 Posts
I just put the 2.5" daystar level on my 2wd. Rides and drives perfect. Nothing seemed to change. And it has a life time warranty through daystar. Can't beat it

·
Registered
140 Posts
okay awesome! thats my problem is that everyone tells me different lol. i've had people tell me its not worth doing because it will make a crappy ride for my truck, but then other people tell me i should do it! and i really want to so i will definitely look into that! thanks for the info :)
Nah leveling does'nt affect the ride quality at all in my opinion. Just makes your truck look way mor bad A$$!! :smiley_thumbs_up:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts