DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. I have a 2004 STD cab, short bed, Hemi 2wd. I'm wanting to level the truck for performance and looks. I currently have the stock 20" wheels with 305/50r20 tires. I will probably keep the same tire size but go with Boss 20" wheels. I need some of yalls expert advice on the best way to level my truck and not have to worry about tire rub. Best kits. How much to lower. Should I just buy new leafs for the rear etc. Really wanting to know what y'all think. Thanks in advance for taking the time to read and reply to my thread.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
You could do lowering shackles, those aren't to exspensive.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Yea man if your wanting just a level and not a full blown drop I would just get you a shackle/hanger kit at be all set.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. I've been looking at Summit and Stylin Trucks to name a few and haven't seen any shackle kits. Any idea were I might find them?

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
^^^ Those are good choices to go with. Some may not provide a full 2" drop but will be close. You can additionally remove your O/L springs and that should give you your full 2" drop.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey kay9//// O/L springs? Not sure what you're talking about.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
After further consideration I may just go with a 2/4 drop. I've been looking at the Eibach 2866.540. I dropped my Mustang using an Eibach Pro Kit and have had great success at the track and on the street. Anybody have any thoughts on the Eibach kit? Any chance I'll have any problems with the 20" 305/50/20 rubbing?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the same 2004 short bed---I don't think Eibach is making the 540 kit anymore. I believe the only springs they build are the 1 1/2 " front lowering. I went with the Hotchkis Sport 3" lowering leaf, but I'm not sure if you can get that one anymore either. It provides perfect ride height without any tire rub. Check out their website to see if they have any remaining inventory. When I bought them they were $150.00 for the pair.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just my luck. When I get home tonight I will check it out to see if they are still available. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
558 Posts
McGaughy, and DJM make awesome 2/4 kits

1 - 11 of 11 Posts