DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all I'm new just got my first 1500 today red wings edition and love it but was searching some answers on a leveling kit and hids..what's a good leveling kit for a good price and if anyone has put hids in and if so did you go 8k or 10k ?

·
Registered
151 Posts
hello

Welcome to the site, hope you enjoy your stay at the forum. there will be a bunch of folks answering your questions just give it a few days, or hours, enjoy your ride.:wavey:

·
Registered
360 Posts
I don't know about HID's in the new ram, but i have had 2 previous vehicles and put in 8000K HID's. I really like the light output, a little bit more blue and unique looking and still plenty bright enough. I thought 10000K would be too blue, but that is just my opinion.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Currently running 8000K Lows & Fogs, they do have a nice tint of blue in them but nothing crazy. I agree with jacobson that 10K would just be pushing it. More for show then actually light output!

Here's a quick pictures anyways, just msg if any questions!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Very nice...the 8k look awesome that's what I did decide on but did you use the error code Eliminator for them?

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Very nice...the 8k look awesome that's what I did decide on but did you use the error code Eliminator for them?
Since day 1 I have been running the error codes. The 35W ballasts started to act funny on me so I used a set of 55W and these things have been perfect ever since. Don't ask me how or why, but it's working for me ha

Still running 35 in my fogs (no light out sensors) so error code eliminators aren't needed.
http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=89895&highlight=8000K+Projectors
Theres a link to my thread about my install and what not if it helps!

·
Registered
2020 Ram Sport, night edition
1,519 Posts
I went 6000'k and they are still slightly blue, definatly use capacitors to eliminate flicker and error codes. and for leveling check out Bilstien shocks, more expensive= less troubles with wobble and the bonus is much inproved ride quality

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I went 6000'k and they are still slightly blue, definatly use capacitors to eliminate flicker and error codes. and for leveling check out Bilstien shocks, more expensive= less troubles with wobble and the bonus is much inproved ride quality
Do you have link handy for the leveling ?

·
Registered
2020 Ram Sport, night edition
1,519 Posts
I am from Canada so bought my shocks from essex distributors (Gord) and was very happy with the service. In the US I'm sure you could find them cheaper and closer just google Bilstein or check out the suspension forum section to find out where other are getiing them. If you want to read more about the install my thread is here
http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=67017

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So I've decided on the 8k for high/low for hids but was wondering for the fogs if I should stay same color temp or go one lower and do I need the error Eliminator for fogs also and are they h10s?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I am from Canada so bought my shocks from essex distributors (Gord) and was very happy with the service. In the US I'm sure you could find them cheaper and closer just google Bilstein or check out the suspension forum section to find out where other are getiing them. If you want to read more about the install my thread is here
http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=67017
Thanks for the info ill check them out

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey Bordin where did you pick the mopar badge up for your grill? I tried Googling it and molar website but couldn't find it?

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Hey Bordin where did you pick the mopar badge up for your grill? I tried Googling it and molar website but couldn't find it?
The mopar badge can no longer be created. She said I got one of the last/or last set out of their doors.

Billetbadges does awesome work, mopar actually stopped them from using their logo/name with anything the moment I got my badges delivered to me.

So I guess you can say mine will be unique ha

But give them a shout they can do any design/idea/color you can imagine! The badges ran me around 260$ for both. So not cheap but worth it, they get noticed

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Anyone know if I need the error Eliminator for hids in the fog lights? I plan on getting it for my low/highs but don't know if I need them for me fogs as well

1 - 15 of 15 Posts