DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So im getting a 2.5 inch ready lift kit installed next week but need opinion on tire sizes and brands. im thinking 305/55/20 yes using the stock wheels. and between Falken High Countrys and Nitto Terra Grapplers. i guess what im asking is has anyone ran the falkens, ive never really heard of them? will they stick out too far or rub? will i need spacers? im a newbie give me a break! lol

Any respose will help.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I wish I was helping you but I am in the same scenario and hope to see some replies soon. I want a tire that performs well on street with a little bit of attitude in appearance.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
From what I have seen Falken has great customer service and a good warranty... they shouldnt stick out very far and shouldnt rub. theres a few members running a level with 305/55/20, platinuminjected is a member I can think of off the top of my head, maybe search for him and post a question on his profile page and ask him how his are...

·
Registered
132 Posts
Nitto mud grapplers excellant tire good traction and they look good aswell

Attachments

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
I hate to throw in extra confusion but I'm not so sure you can run a 305 wide tire without 1/4" spacers. I know you cannot run that wide on an 06-08 truck without them and I thought the fourth gens were the same. This is a fairly common topic so I am sure there is an answer somewhere. I'm pretty sure a 1/4" spacer would be enough if one is required. That's not really a big deal but you should really do your homework on spacers and know what you are getting into if that's the route you end up taking.

Have you considered a 275/65/20? Taller than stock (and taller than the 305/55) but no wider. Helps fill in the extra space created by the level. You could also run a 285/60/20 or a 285/65/20 but those two sizes are extremely limited to tires available and also very expensive.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Id suggest something a little narrower and taller as well I like the 285/60/20 that starquest suggested i have 285/60/18 terra grapplers now on a stock suspension and they just bearly stick out past the wheelwells. Yours will be a little taller since you have the 20" wheels so that will help fill the gap that the level creates.

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
i dont know if this will help or not but im running a 35 12.50 18 nitto mud grappler and they fit my 08 before i lifted my truck. at that time i only had a 1.5 inch leveling kit.
I bet they fit because your aftermarket rims have less backspacing than the stockers.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I purchased the Nitto Terra Grapplers today. 275/60/20. Dealer let me try a 305/55/20 in another brand to show me it would rub and it did. They will be installed Saturday.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I purchased the Nitto Terra Grapplers today. 275/60/20. Dealer let me try a 305/55/20 in another brand to show me it would rub and it did. They will be installed Saturday.
Same here. The 305/55/20 terra graps looked great under my 11 sport with 5100s, but they rubbed the upper control arm so i went 275/60. Oh, new rims next time. :doh:

·
Registered
180 Posts
Stock 20's I believe have a +19.05mm 0ffset and will def rub. Personal experience....Bought XD Hoss wheels with a +18mm offset and tried 295x60x20 Nitto Terras which ultimately rubbed the upper control arm!

·
Registered
180 Posts
Gonna get 275x65x20 which should be fine. Looks like u need a zero or negative offset. Anybody need brand new Terras?? :)

·
Banned
19 Posts
Gonna get 275x65x20 which should be fine. Looks like u need a zero or negative offset. Anybody need brand new Terras?? :)

these are 305s? I would like them but Im only getting a 1.5" lift on my 2wd 2010 ram. Im using stock rims, if they didnt rub i'd strongly conisder it!

·
Registered
324 Posts
ramrig, if you were closer to VA, I'd think about tryin to get the tires off you.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Leveling Kit Questions?

I have been wanting to level my 4X2 2012 Dodge Ram 1500. Line-x of San Antonio offers a 2.5 inch daystar coil spacer that for the front end. I have seen pictures so I know that it will give it that better leveled look and I plan on getting a little bigger/wider tires after the installation. My main reason for doing this is because i thought it might redistibute the weight a litttle more towards the back wheels and tires. I slip way to much as it is with giving it just a little push and i was hoping this might help. The guy from line-x said he dosn't think it will help performance wise in the way or distibuting some weight to the back. He said its just looks and can get a tire size or two up.. So now I'm not so sure it is worth the 350$ that they were going to charge for everything inc parts labor and alignment. Any ideas because to me I don't see how it won't redistribute the weight.. but I am no expert on cars & trucks either. Please let me know what yall think!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts