DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I am starting to do some research on a leveling kit for a 2WD 2011 RAM 1500 SLT Quad Cab. The best one I have found is the Supreme Suspensions Leveling kit. It is a 3 inch front lift and a 1 inch rear lift. Does any one know how hard that is to install? I can get a buddy to help me do it. I just don't want to get murdered by a shop and pay $100/hr to install the kit. If anyone has any insight let me know.

My biggest question is if the 3 inch would be to much strain on my factory springs. Thank you guys!

This is the kit I was looking at: http://supremesuspensions.com/product/2002-2014-dodge-ram-1500-full-lift-leveling-kit-shims-2wd/

·
Registered
95 Posts
If you use spacers, it's gonna do more harm than good... the problem is they don't make much leveling kits for 2wd trucks (but I could be wrong). You have to measure out the front and rear to see if the 2 inch difference is big enough, you don't want a nose high truck

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
won't sit nose up.

The rear fender is 38 inches in the middle. The front fender is 35 inches. So the 3 inch leveling would have it even, and then the one inch block in the rear would let me sit one inch raked forward still.

·
Registered
95 Posts
The rear fender is 38 inches in the middle. The front fender is 35 inches. So the 3 inch leveling would have it even, and then the one inch block in the rear would let me sit one inch raked forward still.
as long as it's measured correctly it will fit... just remember using spacers will wear out the ball joints quicker, so keep an eye out for that.

·
Registered
95 Posts
also it's not that hard to install itself, but I'm the kind of person that would rather have someone else be liable for it lol

·
Super Moderator
34,714 Posts
Its going to look nose high if he goes a full 3 inches with no lift in the back

1 - 6 of 6 Posts