DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone:
I just bought a 2011 reg cab s/box 4x4 Ram. The dealer had already installed a leveling kit in the truck, but the front is still lower than the back. I haven't measured but it looks to be at least an inch, maybe more. What is my best option to achieve a level truck? Can I install a set of 5100's and leave my current kit in? Thanks in advance....

·
Registered
718 Posts
No keys on a 2011 coil spring front end yes bilstein 5100 will do the trick. I like a slight rake. I installed the Bilsteins set them at 2.8 and i installed a new 2 inch rear coil.

loaded and pulling a trailer Still sitting level. this is why I like to still have a slight rake.

Stock Suspension

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hmmmm

So, I got out my measuring tape, and...... :4-dontknow: The rear of my truck is still 2" higher than the front. I would assume the Dodge Leveling Kit must be 1- 1/2 or 2". Can I use the 5100's with my already installed kit or do I have to remove the kit and stretch the shocks to their limit? Thanks in advance...

·
Registered
91 Posts
I would check the rear springs to see if they put spacer in there. My leveling kit had both front and rear spacers so I just removed the rear ones and that took the rake out.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Nice trailer-load of sleds you got there, gysnst. Polaris man myself. I didn't think you got that much snow down in flatland :gy:.
Or, lemme guess... Northern WI or UP?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts