DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
Looking into buying a leveling kit soon, I know that there are a bunch of companies out there, Pro Comp, Rancho, Superlift, ect. Just wanted to ask around on who is running which brand and some opinions. Thanks guys!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had a Skyjacker level on my 07 Tacoma 4x4 and it was good, easy to install on top of the strut but no added benefit other than bigger tires. I am leveling my 09 Ram this spring with the Bilstein adjustable perch shock. They have good reviews on all vehicles that I have heard.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I just put the bilstein 5100 adjustables on my truck. Brought the front end up almost 3", now sits just about 3/4" lower than rear. Pretty close to level, looks level by the eye and the ride is softer over big bumps.

·
Registered
214 Posts

·
Banned
2,118 Posts
Well your kinda stuck with an 04, bilstiens aren't available for your truck
If its 4x4 you have torsion bars in the front and can either crank up the adjusters(FREE!) or buy torsion keys(all basically the same) either method achieves lift the same exact way, by increasing the tension, keys just allow you to have more adjustability
If its 2wd, check out fat bobs garage, they have a bunch of different options for spacers or rough country sells a 3" "lift" kit that has new coil springs

·
Registered
941 Posts
I have the Ready Lift torsion keys, great so far but you will need longer shocks also. They give you the part# in the instructions (ProComp ES-9000's).

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys!! Apreciate all the responses, I think I'm just going to tighten my torsion bars....not totally free, gotta get a front end alignment afterwards correct?

·
Registered
47 Posts
A front end alignment is highly recommended after a Tbar crank. And with the height we are trying to achieve, i would definitely do one.

·
Banned
2,118 Posts
I would recommend shocks and definitely an alignment
You might want to find somewhere toile Firestone around you that will offer lifetime alignments, it's usually like a extra $45 but you can have it checked and rechecked whenever you like

1 - 12 of 12 Posts