DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I apologize in advance because these questions have probably been asked plenty of times, but I couldn't find what I was looking for and I'm just trying to get all the input I can before I level my truck... :4-looney:

First off, I have a 2005 2wd 4.7 liter ram. I have been told that if i get a 2 inch leveling kit, I should also get new shocks that are 2 inches longer than my stock shocks to accommodate for those additional two inches without putting so much stress on my stock shocks. Is this a good idea? and if so, do you recommend a certain shock to get?

Also, I am trying to decide on which leveling kit I should go with. I found one online that is a 2" coil spring leveling kit, and then one that is a 2" coil spacer leveling kit, both of which are on this website: http://www.autotrucktoys.com/ram/Rough-Country-Dodge-Ram-Suspension-Leveling-Kit-PRD28620.aspx
I am just curious as to which version i should get, or if i should go with a different brand in general, etc.

I just want to make sure that I am choosing all the right things and doing this without causing any damage or decreasing ride quality, as I don't know enough about it all myself. I appreciate any input I can get and I just can't wait to make my truck look better! Thanks! :smileup:

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
I used a daystar 1.5" spacer on my 09 hemi 2wd. Never tried the springs since you don't see them much for hemi rams. The springs should be better logically since its a real spring not cramming a spacer in. Also pro comp es 9000's run around $160 from 4 wheel parts for all 4 and you can get longer fronts made for trucks with a 1-3" lift. I used them and the ride was pretty good.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts