DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure if this is the right area to post this, but I couldn't figure out how to post anywhere else..

My front suspension needs some work and I haven't leveled my truck yet, so I was considering lifting the front to level it out. I haven't researched it much but I did see a kit for about $150.

Has anyone done this? How hard is it to do? and what are the benefits of raising the front instead of lowering the rear??

·
Registered
16 rebel hemi quad cab
1,289 Posts
Your truck is torsioned barred youll need nee keys i had it done at a 4x4 shop for 250$ parts and labor seemed to be outta my realm of capabilities and i do most of my own work

·
Registered
565 Posts
If he has 2wd (I see no where suggesting that it is 2wd or 4wd), a simple pair of spacers will level it out. If you are 4wd, cranking the torsion bars usually gets them level. Either way an alignment is needed after.

I leveled my truck out (2wd) with a Fat Bobs Garage spacer kit. Installing it was a pretty straight forward process and only took an hour and a half or so. Basically this is all you are doing:

-Jack up the truck as far as you can and place on jackstand.

-Remove wheels and calipers/ rotors

-Take shocks out

-Unbolt tie rod end

-Place jack under lower control arm and lift slightly

-Unbolt upper ball joint and seperate

-Lower the jack that you placed under the lower control arm all the way

-Take stock spacer out and place leveling spacer in

-Reverse process-

Thats the short, dirty version for the 2wd. the 4wd is a simple as climbing under and turning a bolt.

This is before:

This is about 2 hours after:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts