DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Question was good?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to level my 4X2 2012 Dodge Ram 1500-stock with 20"X8" aluminum wheels and 275/60/20 all season tires . Line-x of San Antonio offers a 2.5 inch daystar coil spacer for the front end. I know that it will give it that better leveled look and I plan on getting a little bigger/wider tires after the installation. My main reason for doing this is because I thought it might redistibute the weight a litttle more towards the back wheels and tires. I slip way to much as it is with giving it just a little push so I was hoping this might help. Though the guy from line-x said he dosn't think it will help me performance wise as he suggested it will not distribute some weight to the back wheels/tires. He said its just looks and can get a tire size or two up.. So now I'm not so sure it is worth the 350$ that they were going to charge for everything including parts, labor, and alignment. Any ideas? Because to me I don't see how it won't redistribute the weight at least some.. but I am no expert on cars & trucks either. Please let me know what yall think!!

·
Registered
54 Posts
I was gonna buy a leveling kit. Instead I just cranked up the torsion bars. Still rides the same and it was free. I know you have 2wd truck so you can't do that but incase anyone else was wondering. Don't buy the kit just crank the torsion bars.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I was gonna buy a leveling kit. Instead I just cranked up the torsion bars. Still rides the same and it was free. I know you have 2wd truck so you can't do that but incase anyone else was wondering. Don't buy the kit just crank the torsion bars.
none of the 2012 1500s 4x2 or not have torsion bars

·
Registered
22,788 Posts
Yes....but not much. Try putting 100 lbs in the box right at the tail gate and see if that makes the difference for you. If not, I'd second guess the idea of spending $350 to gain a minimal result that you are not happy with. However, if you also like the leveled look, then even a minimal weight transfer benefit coupled with the looks may make the project worthwhile. :)

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
You can do the bilstein 5100 leveling shocks for that price.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts