DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Morning everyone, new guy here... I'm trying to decide on how I'm going to level the front end out on my '07 4x4. I understand that with a leveling kit I'll maintain the 'floating' stock type ride, which I'm not too sure I'm totally sold on. If I go with new front end shocks to level things out she'll ride a bit tighter but will also require some more extensive tuning and ongoing maintenance is this correct??? I've done lots of searching in here and have read threw many posts which discuss these options but I'm just looking for some more info as far as personal preferences go and cost involved in going with leveling via shocks vs spacers. Thanks!

·
Registered
7,790 Posts
i have the bilstein 5100s on mine and to be honest i love them...she do ride a bit stiffer but i like it and that kit is not expensive at all really and if your mechanically inclined at all you can put these bad boys in yourself and then just get an alignment done and your good to go bud

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
Leveling shocks (such as the Bilstein 5100) and spacers both require an alignment after install if I'm not mistaken. There is no ongoing maintenance required for either of them that I am aware of. I too have heard that the Bilsteins give a slightly stiffer ride but everyone I have seen comment on that has viewed it as a good thing. If you haven't already check out this PDF comparision between the Bilsteins and some of the standard spacer kits.

5100 Series Leveling Shocks vs. Spacer Kits - How do they work?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts