DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of dropping my current leveling kit and picking up a set up the Bilstein 5100's. So my question is, is that all I need to level it? Or do I need springs or anything else?

·
Registered
395 Posts
Leveling

If you mean raising the front. I used a set of Bilstein 5100 and put it in the top setting. Truck sets within a 1/4 inch of being level. This is all I used.

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
Yes, the Bilsteins is all you need. You will reuse your stock springs. Between what's on your truck and what you get with the 5100s you will have everything you need.

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
do yourself a favour and buy all four bilsteins. while the back doesnt lift at all, you will be super impressed with the ride quality improvement.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info everyone. I hope to be ordering them Monday.

·
Registered
8 Posts
i might be wrong but wont the rear bilsteins work with up to a 1.5" lift. what would you all recommend i use to get that 1.5" in the rear?

·
Registered
490 Posts
I used a TGC 1.5 spacer in the rear. It is similar to adding blocks to trucks with leaf springs. I think you can get some lift with rear bilsteins though too.

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
I used a TGC 1.5 spacer in the rear. It is similar to adding blocks to trucks with leaf springs. I think you can get some lift with rear bilsteins though too.
they offer no additional lift. they can be used in a truck that has up to a 1.5 inch lift because of the installation of a block, extended shackle, add a leaf, or new spring pack, but they do not have a ride height feature like the fronts.

http://www.bilsteinus.com/fileadmin/user_upload/user_upload_us/pdfs/Bil_LevShks_WebArticle.pdf

1 - 8 of 8 Posts