DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
2017 Ram Rebel 5.7L Flame Red
42,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are the things I should be looking out for. I read on here about angles up front but can't find that thread now. I am sure someone has done it already. So if you have any info that would be great

·
Administrator
2017 Ram Rebel 5.7L Flame Red
42,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok so I couldn't find any solid information online so I emailed the local Spring and 4X4 Shop with this "
I have been reading that I can't just get any leveling kit that the TRX have different front struts. Do you know if this is true and are you able to level out my Truck and if so what cost am I looking at?

Thanks

Shawn"

Here is what he came back with
"Hi Shawn,

Yes you are correct that the trx4 trucks have a different front suspension then the others. There is really only one good way to lift the front of those trucks. That is with the bilstein 5100 series height adjustable strut. Basically the factory trx4 strut is .7" taller then a stock strut so if you try to put a level kit spacer in it over extends everything and can lead to vibrations and other issues. The bilstein strut replaces the longer factory strut and gains about 2" over stock height. "

I think this is a pretty straight up answer. One of my co-workers has used his shop and was extremely happy with it. Has anyone installed the Belsteins and approximately how long did it take? Also where is a good place to buy them?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts