DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have my 2015 ram 1500 big horn at the dealer for a list of warranty work.
1.Transmission needs to be replaced
2.Exhaust manifold bolt (3rd time)
3.Back up camera needs to be replaced
4.Electrical issue driver headlight and passenger rear tail light work on and off.
Truck currently has 206,XXX miles so its not valued at much anymore. They approved the camera and manifold bolt but when the came back with the tranny needing to be replaced everything came to a halt and now the warranty company is sending an appraiser out to the dealer today to look at the truck and then they will tell me what if anything they will repair. I know they have an out when the repairs cost this much on a truck with this many miles I'm just wondering if anyone has gone through this and what they ended up doing. I don't get the impression from the dealer that they think it will get fixed.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
They will pay the average appraised value for the truck, if it is less than the actually repairs will cost them.
AM curious which transmission you had.
leyt us know how it all plays out for you.
Good Luck!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They will pay the average appraised value for the truck, if it is less than the actually repairs will cost them.
AM curious which transmission you had.
leyt us know how it all plays out for you.
Good Luck!
It's the 8spd transmission. It can only go about 7-8 minutes on the interstate before the temps hit 240 and up...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Good luck! Keep us updated, I have maxcare lifetime too and i'm wondering how long they will pay when / if things go wrong on my truck.

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
It's the 8spd transmission. It can only go about 7-8 minutes on the interstate before the temps hit 240 and up...

Not sure why the trans needs replaced for that problem, have they replaced the thermostat and module for the trans?
Unless the fluid isn't flowing to the cooler.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Yeah its most likely the thermal block thingamajig, but what kind of condition is the trans in now that its gone past design temp (and potentially killed the fluid along with it)?

Whats worse is Im not sure replacing the thermal block is actually part of their process to replace the trans....they may just swap it over to a replacement trans. So they can toast that one too.

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
On another forum a guy had his truck in numerous times for a hot running trans and they kept on telling him it was normal. He finally had the trans cooler that is attached to the trans changed and now he actually gets normal trans temps for the first time in almost 100k miles. Ram re-emburst him for the costs, but they did not find the solution themselves. It was thru a forum that people came up with the suggestions and solution. I would change this out and then do a fluid and filter change in the trans.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts